22-depature!

Morning came and Ray was still sleeping,his eight legs dangling in the air while his spider body was laying on the branch. He was however awoken by a terrified scream,he peaked open his eyes and saw Gideon with his back to Daniel looking terrified while the latter was holding the former's body to himself. 'mhmm, Gideon must have almost fallen from the tree,well is a good thing Daniel caught him ', Ray thought half asleep when he suddenly paused,'wait Daniel?', Ray was suddenly wide awake and leaped up to go check on him

Gideon released another scream when Ray leaped up and Daniel too was wide eyed. Ray suddenly remembered that he was in his spider form and decided to shift,with a flash of light what was in place of a giant spider was now a white looking teenage boy with equally blinding white hair.

To the eyes of Daniel and Gideon, Ray truly looked like an angel and was really beautiful in their eyes. Ray arrived in front of the two and asked if Daniel was okay. The latter nodded with a big smile saying that every single part of his body is completely healed,he also said that he felt lighter, faster and a lot more stronger and suspected he broke through a level.

Gideon who was still in Daniel's arms also said he broke through but also added with excitement that he actually feels his lightning root more than ever before and also feels stronger as well. He explained that he unfortunately was born with one affinity which was lightning but his spiritual root was a minor lightning root.

Ray was shocked but also had his suspicions that the holy water did more than heal them so he used his perceptive eyes on them

Name : Daniel Wu Chang
Species : half human,half orc
Level : master warrior
Profession : knight captain, martial artist
Affinity : shadows (perfect root)

Name : Gideon
Species : human
Level : sky warrior
Profession :  greater knight
Affinity : lightning (perfect root)

Ray was shocked because both were right about having broken through a level,he told them their statuses and the two were stupified. Their root adaptation increased since Gideon had a minor lightning root, while Daniel had a major shadow root before and this made them very happy because they have become stronger and will be able to protect their loved ones. They had already begun to consider Ray, Tank and Shine as their family and loved ones.

Ray was also happy for them and watched as they dropped to the forest floor to train their new abilities. Ray watched as they trained and was amazed as Gideon was now lightning fast and his strength was great as the latter could crush a tree into two with a fist. He could also shoot lightning balls and strikes while in battle and could now cast a protective sheild made of static electricity.

Daniel was beyond amazing as he was able to become a shadow and could disappear from your sight even if you were watching with close attention,he could also summon beasts made of shadows and could control a person's movements by capturing their shadow. Ray knew there was more they could now do and there was more they would learn along the way.

Since Daniel's injuries had healed Ray and the others planned to leave the forest the following day. They went about their day and Ray kept on touching the ring on his finger since it was their gateway from the forest.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ok Mr reaper we are ready", Ray said into the ring. They had set off in the morning and were now at the place were Ray and reaper had first met.

Just then green mist started to emerge from the ground and merged to form an armoured masked figure. Ray smiled at the arrived guest while Gideon and Daniel were apprehensive since the new arrival looked scary and very powerful. They heard Ray mutter a few words to the guest and the latter nodded.

The reaper created a passage way with the green mist and went inside with Ray right behind him and the knights seeing this followed as well,the passageway closed after the two knights entered but they get kept following the two.

"So do you have a name Mr reaper"

"Yes"

"Are you going to tell me what it is or should I keep calling you Mr reaper?"

"We powerful magical creatures do not tell our names to inferior beings"

"Ohh?,but you could tell me I'll keep it secret,but if you don't I'll start calling you Mr pervert instead"

"Quite bold of you to blackmail me beast"

"You call it blackmail,I call it extreme persuasion besides it's not like it's not true"

"Do what you want I do not care if an inferior being calls me names"

Ray gasped out loud but immediately had on a small smirk on his face. He turned around and shouted to the knights behind them and introduced the reaper,"oh guys I forgot to introduce you,this right here is Mr perverted reaper and he will be taking us outside of the forest"

The two men were stupified and had their mouths agape but they were shocked for different reasons. Gideon was shocked and shrunk closer into Daniel's body because Ray said the man in front of them is a pervert while the latter, Daniel was shocked because what was in front of them was a reaper,a very dangerous beasts in the entire continent able to steal people's souls.

The reaper was amused by Ray's actions but kept quiet and moving forward. It was not long until there was a bright light illuminated ahead of them ,they each crossed the light and found themselves on the side of a gravel road. Ray knew they were outside the forest so he turned around and thanked the reaper and was about to give back the ring he was given but the latter stopped him and told him to keep it before quickly disappearing in a green mist.

Ray just shrugged and turned towards the two knights and asked,

"So where do we go from here? "

"We go right that's where the town is but we take three days to travel from the town to the forest and if we walk on foot we will take even longer", Daniel stated.

Ray laughed and summoned two armoured hawks , instructed them to use size shift. The two hawks increased in size able to be ridden by two people each. Ray looked at the two knights and laughed once more at their shocked expression,he knew they had only seen his butterflies and wolves but never seen the hawks.

Daniel and Gideon mounted on one of the hawks while Ray took the other one. After the people were fully mounted the hawks took off in the air and went in the direction directed by Ray. Ray looked down at the vast trees which seemed like ants from above and thought that the blackheart forest is really vast because on the right side of the road are vast trees that seem to go on miles with no end.

He was also feeling a bit sad to leave the forest he grew up in but he was also human inside and needed to be with more of his kind. Even with the fast speed of the hawks they arrived in front of the walls of Haoru town when it was almost sunset,they quickly unmounted the hawks and Ray retracted them back.

When the knights guarding the gates saw Daniel and Gideon they were shocked but quickly saluted the captain allowing him instant entry into the town. Daniel nodded at the knights and entered through the gates with Gideon and Ray, when the knights saluted the captain they did not see Ray since he was behind the two towering knights but when they entered they saw him and some were shocked with their mouths agape. All female and male knights were staring at Ray because he looked enchanting with white hair and clothes. He was very beautiful that some of the knights even drooled.

Two horses (common beasts that looks a bit bigger and more stronger than the ones on earth) were handed over to them and Ray rode with Gideon on the front. They were headed to the knights headquarters to report the incident in the forest. While they were riding the people they passed all turned to stare at them. They had been informed that the whole scout division were wiped out including their captain so they were shocked when they saw Gideon and Daniel alive, but what made them stare the most was Ray as his form gathered more attention from everyone who saw him.

Ray on the other hand did not notice this as he was looking around at the buildings they passed by. They were made of bricks and looked more modern than he expected. "I don't know what I was expecting", Ray thought to himself. They took fifteen minutes to arrive at the headquarters and the building had it's own walls and looked majestic and huge.