23-summon!

Ray finds himself seated on a chair outside the head captain's office. They had entered the large building were  Daniel and Gideon entered the office while he was asked to wait outside while the two made a report to the head captain. He summoned three of his butterflies and played with them to pass time. He made the butterflies do certain tricks in the air and was actually starting to have fun.

The door promptly opened causing Ray to jump in his seat and a knight looked around as if searching for something until he spotted him. The knight paused a bit before telling Ray that he is being called inside. Ray stood up and entered the room and found an older knight in silver armor who looked to be in his early forties but his hair already grey was an indication that his was a lot older. Two nights stood behind him on each side. There was a large table that looked to made of high grade material and the elderly knight was seated behind the table.

There were two chairs in front of the table facing the elderly knight but Daniel and Gideon were standing beside the chairs and Ray wondered why they didn't sit down but dismissed the thought to be some knight etiquettes. Ray went and sat down on a chair and greeted the captain

"I did not permit you to sit yet child ", the head captain said in a hard deep voice

"So you expect me to stand the whole time?, sorry but I feel tired at the moment ", Ray answered and exhaled a breath to further point out his exhaustion. The three butterflies fluttering around Ray settled down on his shoulders.

"I see well I suppose I'll allow it, so you must be the young mage who saved my men , Ray was it?"

"Yes that would be me, is there something wrong"

"No nothing wrong I just wanted to know why you were in the forest alone by yourself and who was the one that trained you to become so powerful because normaly shifter like you (insect shifters) are never that strong "

"Oh I have lived inside the forest alone since I can remember and I trained myself as well, I was just patrolling the forest when I found your knights surrounded by beast so I decided to help them out"

The head captain just hummed and just stared at Ray . His stare was so intense that Ray felt uncomfortable and subconsciously reached his hand and grabbed Daniel's clothes.

The captain stared at Ray for a while until Ray could not stand it and stood up and hid behind Daniel. He later poked his head out and looked at the captain in an accusing and disgusted manner and muttered "pervert" to him. The captain was startled and quickly waved his hands trying to explain those were not his thoughts at all.

The captain could not deny Ray's beauty but he had a wife and children.

"No I was just thinking that my daughter Medaline would like you a lot once he meets you ",the head captain said with a soft smile on his face but later changed becoming more serious and he then asked Ray

"Young mage warrior how about becoming my daughter's fiancee "

Ray's accusating look disappeared completely and was replaced by a stoic one almost looking bored and he refused without hesitation.

"No thanks I'm fine"

"But you haven't met her yet she is the sweetest girl and one of the most beautiful in town "

"Still not interested, besides I don't like girls that way"

"Ohh ,are you sure ? U look so young and haven't had time to experience things to make that decis..."

"Captain I think your questions are a bit personal and now is not the time to discuss such matters ", Daniel interrupted the captain when he felt the situation was heading a dangerous way as he felt Ray's aura spike for a second.

The captain hearing the knight's words cleared his throat and looked to Ray's direction but was shocked to see the latter's eyes reflecting disgust and pure annoyance. He changed the subject and dismissed Ray and Gideon from the room to discuss about the beast tide with Daniel.

Ray all but stomped his way out of the room followed by Gideon after whispering something to Daniel. He told Ray to follow him to an inn they will stay the night at. They walked this time as the inn was not very far and on the way Ray was in a sour moon and kept on grumbling under his breath about stupid ,old, judgemental perverted old men. They reached the inn in a short while and Gideon rented a room for them for the week since they are going to be dealing with the headquarters for a long time.

After paying Gideon went and sat on a free table to order some food,he was about to ask Ray what he wanted to eat but the latter was frowning and mumbling incoherent words so Gideon decided to order them the same food. He ordered some steak with some rice and curry and he also ordered two apple drinks. As soon as the food arrived Gideon began eating and observed as Ray started to eat his food but was still in a sour mood,he chuckled under his breath. He then observed their surroundings and was shocked to see people staring at them especially Ray. Some even had unhidden lust in their eyes and Gideon gave everyone a deadly glare causing them to look their way.

Of course there would always be stupid people who would ignore warnings,a bulky handsome man probably in his early thirties came over their table his eyes focused blantly on Ray. The man put his arm around Ray's chair and whispered in Ray's ear in what he considered to be a seductive voice.

In Ray's sour mood he had not looked up from the table and felt there was an ich in his ear and swatted his hand thinking it was a mosquito or fly. His hand however hit the man's chest and sent him flying and crashing on the inn's walls. This action was seen by everyone and in their minds were  thinking of Ray as 'extremely beautiful, mysterious and dangerous'
They decided to keep to themselves and avoid further staring not wanting trouble. The man who crashed had long fainted and the workers tended to him.

Gideon was amused and ate his dinner in silence. After finishing their meals they went to the room allocated to them which was room seven. Gideon opened the door and was satisfied as the room was spacious with a desk and chair to the right with two doors that probably went to the bathroom and closet and to the left was a large queen sized bed with a white figure sleeping on it. Who knew being annoyed could be so exhausting, Gideon paused "wait one bed ,shit I forgot to rent the one with two beds ", Gideon thought frustrated,he could not wake Ray up too and was heavily exhausted and decided to just sleep the side of the wall to Ray's left. He fell asleep as soon as his head hit the pillow

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Daniel had stayed behind as he and the captain decided on their next corse of action as the scout division were wiped out and the beast tide was still due. They discussed for a long time before deciding to continue the discussion for later as it was really late at night, before Daniel left the captain gave a letter saying it came from the town lord. Daniel opened the letter an found that the town lord had 'summoned' them for audience at his mansion tomorrow morning.

Daniel grumbled at the letter in his hands and snorted at the lord 'summoning them',he had always hated the man as he would act like a king even though everyone knew he was of the lesser nobility. Daniel headed off to the inn Gideon and Ray were staying at as Gideon had whispered the location to him earlier. He arrived at the inn and stated his name at the attendent to which he was given another key to room seven.

Daniel unlocked the door and entered the room to find Gideon and Ray fast asleep on the bed which was the only one there. He just shrugged and took of his armor off putting on his night clothes and got on the bed. He kissed the two's foreheads and rubbed Ray's hair lovingly remembering Ray's actions at the head captain's office which made him laugh a little. Daniel found out he was a little protective over Ray even though he knew the latter could defend himself.

Being honest Ray was like a son he never had and he was going to make sure he takes care of him along with his beloved even if the teen decided to separate from them. Speaking of his beloved he stared at Gideon with loving eyes and decided he was going to officially make him his by marrying him. With those thoughts Daniel fell asleep.