Fourteen years later

Lez'neirelye is quietly crawling around the jungle with the bow she made with her mother as a child.
   She position the arrow just right and shot it at a huge fish in the river.

  She grabbed the fish and took it back to this little campsite and cooked it over a fire she'd made with her fingers.
  She ate berries and fish for breakfast as she packed her small bag to travel to the water.

She had never gone more than a twenty miles from land but she'd wanted to get to know the water the place her mother was from.

Neirelye's POV:

  I grabbed my bag and dove in to the water.

I'd never gone past the reef on any sides of the island I always stayed with mom.
  But I decided it was time to find a new place beyond the forest seeing that the sky people were searching for her.

Momma said if they somehow found out about my powers they'd find a way to take control of me and take over pandora slaughtering millions.

Momma told me never to trust anyone, because they will betray you and use you,
  Never to become attached, because attachment will lead to death,
And most important, never ever fall in love, love is weak and deadly love destroys and love will slowly lure you in and break you.

She said a mothers love is different from love itself and that a mothers love is like no other it can never die or change even in the most angered moments a mothers love will last.

Anyway I have never really felt much emotion, I've felt others emotions when I get close too a village or the feelings of an animal but never my own.
  So it should be easy to follow her instructions.

I found some rocks where I could tie down my raft, and grabbed some fruit.
I fell asleep for a little while.

That's when the storm hit.

I shot up at the sound of the thunder and realized that my raft had come untied

I didn't have enough time to figure out how I didn't notice, I had to try and raft the opposite direction of the storm.

Despite how hard I tried to calm the water I just wasn't strong enough and ended up flipping off the raft and being flung around by the waves.

I tried to keep calm so I wouldn't drown but the waves kept pulling me under and I couldn't see anything the world went black and all I could think...

.. this isn't going to feel good.

This is a bit of a short chapter but the next one will be kinda long so it kinda evens out a little.😁