Dark waters

Kiri POV

We got home and I was trampled in hugs from Tuk and Tsireya.

Tuk ran over to Lo'aK but he just pushed by her and ran into the forest.

' Where's Neirelye.' Tuk asked.

No body said anything even Aunong looked sad as he spoke.

' She's gone.' He said and sulked away.

Tsireya's hug ended up with me comforting her as she cried.
  Sure, I felt bad, but something has felt off since the explosion.

I just wish I knew what it was.

It was about three weeks later, and we still haven't seen Lo'aK.
  He hasn't come back since that day.

Tuk sunk into depression, as hard as Neteyem tries to keep cheering everybody everyone's still in shock from what happened, Dad blames himself for what happened, mom forces everybody to eat at night even though she's tired from searching for Lo'aK all day.

I know he's not on the island. He stays by the three brothers rocks.

I have been trying to connect with Eywa, I can feel this sense of secret in the water and I wish to know what it is.

I made some food and got on my Ilu and rode it out to Lo'aK.
   I was really hoping I could get him to eat today. He hasn't eaten in days.

When I got over to the mini camp he had set up, he wasn't there.
   I layed his food on the pillow right inside the tent I stole for him from Dad.

I understood his pain, once the two of them had stopped fighting Lo'aK and Neirelye had actually become friends.
  I had felt the way Lo'aK does when spider had been taken by the sky people when we moved here.

I sat down and waited for him to come back because I needed his help with something.

I heard him jump onto the rock and stop.

He knew I was here.

I ran out and grabbed his arm before he could run off.

' I need your help.' I said.

He looked down at me, ' what.'

' Something is off with the water something is off with eywa can you please keep an eye on the water around here please.' I asked. ' I know it sounds crazy but please.'

He sighed ' fine, also payakan saw mom flying around about ten miles away can you keep her away.'

I nodded as I made the bond with my Ilu Shayri.

' I will tell her after I connect to eywa.' I said and immediately regretted what I said.

' Your going to connect to the tree, but you can't you almost died last time, Norm said you die if you connected again.' Lo'aK said.

' I know Lo'aK but something feels really... not so right.' I replied trying to find the words. ' if you knew something was really wrong would you risk your life to figure it out in the sense that it could mean danger on our family.'

He stood there and stared.

Lo'aK POV

I knew she was right but I couldn't stay here knowing she was about to possibly die.

' fine, but I'm coming with you if I see anything out of the ordinary with you I'm pulling you out.' I say.

She smiles and nods motioning for me to join her on her Ilu.

We secretly swam towards the tree knowing the trouble she'd be in if she got caught and the trouble I'd be in for running of for weeks and letting her connect to the tree knowingly.