Disaster

Neytiri POV:

  The storms were rolling closer and we still had a lot of preparing to do but we made time for a few hours to put together a little birthday celebration for Lo'aK.
   Despite not really wanting to be here and not likening people Rain came and helped set up.

' Thank you Rain I understand the transition here has been a bit rough, I went through the same thing but your always welcome here anytime.' I said hoping to ease her tension a little.
  Jake was standing next to me smiling at her.

She stood there for a moment thinking then went over to leave.

' Neirelye , my name is Lez'neirelye.' She said and disappeared.

I look at Jake ' Ma'Jake what is it.' Noticing he looked kind of tense.

' I've been working with her for a few weeks now and I just don't understand how your able to get her name and I can't even get anything.' He said, this is usually the part where you'd think he's jealous but that's far from it right now.

' Ma'Jake she is going through a tough time her mother was murdered by the sky people she doesn't trust easily she can sense the difference between those who mean her harm and those who don't, she see's the way you treat the boys and that makes her cautious,
Maybe you just need to find something that interests her and start there.'

' I've tried Neytiri but—'

' listen to me don't treat her like a lost child act with her the way you did with me.' I say, noticing her walk back in with Lo'aK and Neteyem.
Jake goes over to talk to her while I speak with Neteyem.

We all sing and dance and have a great time as we celebrate Lo'aK turning 17YO.

Tuk pulls him away from his friends for a few moments and hands him some necklaces and hair peices that her and Neirelye had made the week before.
He just stared at them and then at Neirelye with the look of awe on his face.

' where's you learn how to do that Neirelye.' Tsrayia asked I noticed Neteyem had his hand around her waist and I smiled.

' my mother.' She said ' I should sleep, thank you for the evening goodnight.'

Neirelye POV:

And sure enough a few hours later a massive storm comes rolling in and there's branches and seaweed and cloth flying everywhere.
Wind so strong I could barely stand as I made my way to Ronald tent.

' NEIRELYE,' Tuk yelled over the wind.

' TUK, GO INSIDE.' I yelled out, she grabbed my arms

' LO'AK HE HE WENT OUT TO VISIT PAYAKAN HE HASNT COME BACK THE STORM IS GETTING WORSE.' She cried, I handed her to Tsreyia and told her to tell her father.

I called my Ilu and went out towards the reef, the waves worsening the further I go.
Eventually I found Lo'aK struggling to stay above water his Ilu no where to be found.

' LO'AK!' I yelled, he looked up and saw em.

' NEIRELYE.' He said swallowing mouth fulls of ocean water.

I swam forward and grabbed his arm, he swung on behind me and wrapped his arms tight around my waist.

I did my best to calm the waves but the storm was to powerful, but I was able to calm the water under the surface.

He began to slid so I put my arm back to steady him and noticed a huge gash in his side.

I got him back to shore, flagged Neteyem, and took him straight to Neytiri.

After I put him down I ran to my hut and grabbed my back that had a special herb that would prevent infection and help the healing process.
I ran back to Ronald hut and Neytiri was yelling at everybody.
I knelt down next to him and rubbed the herb over his wound and helped Ronal patch it up.

Just then a branch fell through the roof and Aonung came flying through the hut.

Jake and Neytiri called after me as I ran out into the storm, not catering who saw me at this point, threw my hands up and yelled for the storm to calm letting all my emotion pour out.

That's when everything went black.