Trust

Lo'aK POV

My family were right at the edge of the tent when we saw what Neirelye did to the waters.

Dad ran out and grabbed her and brought her back here, where she's been laying unconscious for three days now.
Ronal says that Neirelye's energy is like no other Navi but is slightly similar to Kiri's, and that whatever she did to calm the waves completely wore her out.

Dad had just come back from helping out some people who's huts had been torn, when Neirelye woke.

She shot up gasping and sweating clutching her knife.

' Hey Hey easy calm down.' Jake said putting one hand on the knife and the other on her shoulder.
   She looked at him slightly frightened.

' No touch no come close.' She hissed and back all the way up to the wall.

Almost as if he could read her mind Dad took a single step closer with his hands up, ' I promise we won't hurt you I promise that none of us will tell anyone else what we saw.'

' I no believe you.' She said, I couldn't help but smile when she spoke in English. She was so bad at it.

' Listen we,' he pointed to all of us, ' we are the only ones who saw anything, if you don't trust us that's fine you can leave if you want I won't stop you but if you leave controlling water won't stop the storm from killing you.'

' Your body is weak you are not strong enough to go out into the storm if you leave now you'll be guaranteed to drown.' Ronal said and then walked off.

She contemplated for a few moments, we heard the lightning strike something out side and she jumped hitting her head on the roof.
   Although the thunder and heavy rain didn't bother her lightning seemed to scare the hell out of her.

Dad went and put his arms around her as she began to have a panic attack.
   Mom told Neteyem and the others to leave and told me to cover the open spots with blankets.

Mom ran out of the tent to check on everyone and Neirelye had calmed down and fell asleep laying against Dad who was stroking her hair like he did with Kiri.

' what's wrong with her.' I asked, instantly regretting it knowing Dad would scold me for being rude.

'  Lo'aK.... She's been through a lot she's been on her own for a while the only people she's ever encountered weren't good people, and with the ability's she has if anyone knew they would either kill her or enslave her, and as for the lightning I don't know it could be many reasons.'  He explained, ' I understand you don't like her, I don't why but she could really use a friend right now maybe someone who could show her what a friend is, so do me a favor and ignore the fact you don't like her and act nicer.'

' Dad—..' I start but he cuts me off.

' What would do if you were in her situation,'

' Ma Jake.' Mom calls through the coms ' there are some people stuck and Tonowari requests your help.'

Neirelye's POV:

Soon after Neytiri had left I'd calmed down and fell into a light sleep but could still hear them speak.

I listened closely to their conversation and started to think maybe I can trust Jake and his family.
   I know my mother told not to trust anybody but I'm beginning to think maybe she was wrong.
  I mean Jake stroked my hair which oddly enough soothed me into sleep, and oddly enough I wish he hadn't stopped.

' I'm on my way.' He said clutching his com.

He shifted and I opened my eyes slightly.

' Shh,' Jake said softly to me or Lo'aK I couldn't tell.
  He layed me down gently and left the tent into the storm which was loud but soothing.

A cool breeze came through makeing me shiver.

Then a pair of arms wrapped around me and I felt this weird feeling in my gut like a swirling feeling.
  I wanted to get up and walk to the other side of the hut but I was way to cold and he felt so warm.

I must have fell asleep because I woke to the sound of lightning striking again.
   I jolted up slightly disoriented and was about to freak out again when Lo'aK put a hand on my back.

' Hey easy.' His voice so soft and gentle, ' it was just the lightning your safe.' He rubbed my back sending chills down my spine and through my tail. ' Why are you afraid of lightning but not the storm.'

I looked at him, ' I no scared.' I say my voice unsteady as if I were nervous.

He looked at me like yeah right.

I sighed and looked away, ' I always love storm, the night my mother die there was storm,' I looked down in my lap, ' my mother ran other way to protect me and she was shot when she was shot lightning struck in front of me.'

' Damn.' He said ' that sucks I'm so sorry.'

I looked at him, in his eyes I don't see hate I see intimidation and a feeling I'm not familiar with.
   I lean over and lay my head on his chest and stay there for a while.