88: Delirium

It didn't take long for the Kakushi to arrive at the scene.

Just as dawn broke, the bright sunrise coloring the clear blue sky beautifully, a crow was sent to announce the news of Kyōjurō's unfortunate death to Ubuyashiki-sama and the other Hashira.

"Rengoku Kyōjurō has fallen in battle! *Squawk* Defeated by the Upper Moon three! 200 lives saved!"

Shinobu calmly made her way down the empty corridors of the Butterfly Manor. Her heart ached within her chest as she headed towards the room where you are. She had left Aoi, along with Naho, Kiyo and Sumi to watch over Taiyo in another room.

'What am I going tell her? How should i explain the news to her?' Shinobu thought, her eyes full of sorrow.

'Tis a sad day, indeed.

She soon halted in her step as her eyes slowly widen in surprise to see Tengen standing in front of the door to the room you were in.

"Uzui-san?" Shinobu questioned, walking up to him.

She saw that he was holding and petting (Name)'s pet dwarf squirrel, Fuwa. Clearly, he had stopped the little squirrel from delivering the dreaded news to (Name).

The Sound Pillar didn't spare her a glance as he simply stared mindlessly at the door. His eyes glassy and expression stoic, that it was obvious he had been crying.

"I'll tell her." Tengen spoke, his voice is soft and monotone.

Understanding, Shinobu nodded.

───────────

You hummed a small tune as you prepared some tea for yourself.

Today had been somewhat slow and very quiet without anyone around, save for the Butterflies, a few Kakushi members, and Ruru.

You were deciding whether or not to add ginseng when you heard the door opened, startling you.

Upon turning around, you released a sigh, seeing that it was only Uzui.

"Oh, it's only you Tengen." You say and noticed that Fuwa was with him as she climbed down his person and scurried over to you.

"Fuwa?" You raised a brow in question as she tucked herself into the opening of your kosode.

"What are you doing here? You're supposed to at home with Senjurō." You then glanced back up at Tengen.

For a moment, he said nothing as he calmly approached you. You glanced at him in confusion also, wondering what it is he wanted?

"Tengen? What's the matter?" You asked softly as he stops inches from you.

His fuscia eyes cold and void of that shine you're so use to seeing.

"(Name)," he muttered your name softly. His voice not carrying that boisterous tone, "there's something I need to you."

"W-what is it?" Worry courses through you.

"A... a crow came this morning," he says quietly. "It's about Kyōjurō."

At the sound of your beloved's name, your expression quickly lightens as excitement fills your heart.