Unpleasant Surprises

You huffed, thankfully Ace's body beneath you had lessened the impact but Smoker's body crushing you from above was not helping you " I swear to everything holy and not, I'm going to kill him one day." you groaned slipping out from between the two men and making your way back to the restaurant. A cloud of smoke placed you aside as the whitehaired man stood infront of the young pirate " Straw-hat. So you're here as well." said the Marine with a smirk " STOP EATING ALREADY!" he yelled irritated by the boy's lack of reaction. You did your best to sneak away as Luffy finally realized the situation, but your efforts were fruitless since a stretched out limb circled around your waist " Oh no." you said feeling the color drain from your face, you mouthed a "help me" to Smoker whose gaze followed the stretched limb.

A scream left your your mouth as you were pulled forward STOP!" yelled the Marine following after the two of you " TASHIGI!" he yelled to his assistant " Yes? Would you like a towel? The weather is-" " THAT GUY! STOP HIM! HIS IS STRAW-HAT!" yelled the man and the girl was quick to pull out her sword and attack, the blade of her katana missed you for a few centimeters as Luffy jumped on top of a rooftop. Smoker followed close behind directing an attack to the hand around you, the young pirate groaned in pain as he let you go, with the help of a cloud of smoke you were carefully placed on the ground as the the Marine continued his pursuit.

" I am fucked." you cursed realizing the rage of that Nami would unleash upon you once her captain directed the Marines to them, which was something that you were sure he would do, letting out a defeated sight you figured that the best thing you could do for now was to find the crew and warn them before their captain found them.  You ended up spotting the crew but before you could wave at them Luffy was running towards them with a swarm of Marines behind him " Yeesh. Better hurry back to the ship." you mumbled making a run for the Merry.

You gulped a lump that was stuck to your throat as you sat on your knees with Nami glaring daggers from above you "Would it help if I apologize?" you mumbled not daring to look up, too afraid to meet her fierce gaze " You're lucky that that guy saved us. Who was he anyway?" wondered the navigator " Ace. My older brother." answered Luffy " BROTHER!? THAT GUY WAS YOUR BROTHER!?" yelled the crew in shock " Yep, he's my brother." said the captain. Far in the distance you noticed a familiar boat and smiled as the boy talked about his brother " Back then he hadn't eaten a Devil Fruit. Even then I could never beat him in a fight. Ace is really strong." he said earning more surprise from his crew " Hahaha. Yea I would always get my ass kicked. But I could beat him now though." he said and you chuckled " JUST WHO....can you beat?" asked Ace as he jumped from his boat and landed on the railing behind Luffy, sending the boy to the ground.

" TAKE ME HOME!" you cried hugging the male who immediately hugged you back " YOU TWO KNOW EACH OTHER!?" yelled the crew in surprise " Of course we do. After all we're from the same crew." said Ace lifting your shirt and showing your tattoo to the group " So that was true?" asked Usopp " THE ONLY LIAR HERE IS YOU!" you yelled smacking him on the head " Anyway, I'm glad I saw you. I'm here for a...silly little task. Thought I tried to meet up with you." said the freckled male addressing his brother " Luffy, will you come and join the Whitebeard pirates with me? With your friends too ofcourse." he said " No way." rejected the other boy bluntly making his brother laugh " You're passing out on a great offer. Oyaji is one of the greatest men you could ever meet." you said with a prideful smile " That's why I want to make him King Of The Pirates and not you Luffy." said Ace and the younger boy shrugged " That's ok. I'll just fight him." he replied making you huff.

Ace threw a piece of his Vive card to Luffy " Here. I want you to have this. Always keep that with you. " he said, Luffy stared at the piece of paper puzzled " That's just a piece of paper." said Luffy " That is going to help us meet again." he said. You placed a hand over his shoulder " So what business do you have around here? Do you have a den-den mushi so we can call Oyaji?" you asked him and the boy tensed up " Actually I'm looking for someone." he said taking your hand and giving it a light squeez, you raised an eyebrow on his tense demeanor " One of my subordinates, he committed the worst crime on a pirate ship." he said and you felt your heart clench knowing what was coming " Killing a crewmate. He calls himself Blackbeard and as his commander I have the duty to find him and finish him off." he said and after a few minutes of silence he looked from the floorboards to you.

" I'm sorry to be asking you this but can you leave us alone for a few seconds?" you asked the Straw-hat Pirates, your voice cracking " Yea sure." said Nami making Luffy raise an eyebrow " Huh? Why?" asked Luffy "Just let them be." said the cook pulling him inside by the ear. It was silent between the two of you " Who....who did he..." you couldn't bring yourself to finish that sentence, Ace bit his lip and held your hand tighter " Thatch." he said and it was at that moment that your feet gave out. You steadied yourself on the railing as your eyes started to water " Thatch found a Devil Fruit on one of our stops. Blackbeard wanted it and he found an opportunity to take it." he said playing with the red marbles of your bracelet.

The invincible hand around your heart started clenching it harder and harder as the feeling of dread settled in " When?" you asked but the male refused to answer " Ace,when?" you asked firmly " When we went to Dressrosa." that was it, the final blow, you slowly slid down until you sat on the floor " It's not your fault." he said sitting down next to you knowing exactly what you were thinking, you shook your head doing your best not to sob " One way or another he was set on doing it, there were still people on the ship so-" " He wouldn't even think of doing it if Oyaji or Marco was there." you whimpered.

Ace pulled you against him " Don't worry. I'm going to find him and avenge Thatch." he said and you shook your head " No. Let's...let's just go back to Moby. I have a terrible feeling about this." you said as both of you stood up, still holding each other's hands " Heh, Oyaji said the same thing." he said smiling sadly " That's one more reason not to go!" you said holding his hands tightly " Tea- Blackbeard he....he won't hesitate to hurt you and I....I wouldn't be able to handle that." you said looking up at him " What nonsense are you saying. I won't get hurt, I'm strong." he said whipping a few stray tears away from your face.

" Here. With this you can get back." he said handing you an Eternal Pose to one of you territories " You can go there and contact Oyaji to come and get you, then once I'm done we're gonna meet again." he said with a smile, you shook your head again " Don't leave." you begged him but he turned to look at the sea. Seeing that the two of you were not talking anymore the crew came out, Ace quickly put on a smile, you rushed away not wanting to be seen crying by a group of strangers.