1 | This Is Why I Don't Socalize

"Bianca, you cannot keep doing this. One of the orderlies will catch you if you continue this." My friend—Octavia—said as she kept watch to make sure no one came down the hall.

"Calm down, Tavi. Just keep watch." I told her as I snooped through one of the orderlies computer to get release forms for me and Octavia. "Woah."

    "What? Did you get us release forms?" Tavi asked as she looked at me from her spot in the doorway.

    "No. I found two old forms from a few years ago. Before we were placed in this shithole." I replied as I scrolled through the documents in the computer screen.

    "Who?"

    "Dean and Sam Winchester. Check this out. They checked themselves into the asylum."

    Octavia looked at me with a confused look. "Willingly?"

    "Yeah," I clicked on the images of the brothers. "Huh. They're not that bad looking, either."

    "Let me see. Let me see!" Octavia said excitedly.

    "Calm down. I'm just gonna print their documents out, then get our release forms." I told her, moving the mouse and clicking on the 'print' option.

    "Hey! What're you two doing in here?! Get back to the cafeteria!" a male orderly with white hair snapped at us as he entered the room, snatching the papers from the printer and looking at them, then us. "Get back now, or you two will be on laundry duty for a whole month!"

    "Okay! Okay! No need to get your undies in a bundle, Grant," I held up my hands and walked to Octavia, who was pale as paper. "we're leaving."

    "You better watch that mouth of yours, girl, or you're gonna wind up worse than you already are." Orderly Grant said to me.

    "I doubt that possible." I said with a thin smile at him and closed the white door behind us, the two of us walking back down to the crowded cafeteria with the other patients and orderlies.

    Tavi and I took our usual seats at the furthest table in the room, meeting back up with the insane gay couple who we have befriended: Andrew and Charles.

    "What's the update?" Charles asked us. "You got your papers?"

    "No. We got busted again." I answered with a sigh.

    "Damn. That's the fifth time this week." Andrew said.

"Buuuuuuuut," Olivia said with a happy smile. "Bianca did find two cute guys."

"Pictures of cute guys." I corrected.

She shrugged. "So you admit they're cute!"

"They're all right. But I wouldn't date them. they look too...normal." I pointed out.

"Honey," Andrew got my attention, "they were in an insane asylum. How normal can they be?"

I shrugged. "Correction: they're more normal than me."

"Oh, that's right. Because you're the princess of the king of hell and a vampire." Charles said sarcastically, still not believing me about who I was.

"Lunch-time's done! Back to your rooms!" a female orderly shouted, having us all rise and walk back to our rooms as an orderly escorted each of us to our rooms.

I sat down on the window sill as the door closed behind me, the barred windows cold against my back; lifting up my hand, a small spark of flame ignited in my hand, then died out just as quickly, leaving me in the small, darkened room with only the small sliver of moonlight to accompany me.

========

A faint shout was heard outside my door in the hallways. I sighed and looked down at the floor, still seeing moonlight shining into the room, telling me it was either late night or twilight.

The sharp rang of blood filled my nose and I got out of my bed, walking towards the door with a cross engraved in the iron—to keep out the supernatural, and to keep me in—and knelt down, placing my hand down on the floor and feeling a warm, dark liquid slither through my fingers.

Blood.

A loud thump came on my door and I sprang up, walking back towards the opposite wall as another thump echoed on the door, growing louder and more intense until it sprung open, the door slamming into the wall next to me as two dark figures stepped through.

"Who're you?" the man with short hair asked, blood covering his face as the machete in his hand dropped with fresh blood.

"Who're you two?" I asked.

"What's your name?" the one with longer hair—also carrying a machete—asked. "Is your name Bianca Bellamy?"

    "...that depends. Who's asking?" I replied carefully.

    The short-haired man got out a silver flask with a cross engraved on it, uncapped it, and threw the contents at me, having it burn my arms and neck.

    "Ow! What the hell, man?!"

    Looking pleased, the short-haired man capped the flask again and put it in his jacket. "It's her."

    The butt of a machete slammed into the back of my head.

========

Red clouded my vision when I opened my eyes, slowly dying down and focusing my eyes on my surroundings.

    I was laying in a bed in a junk-filled room full of pictures and books, a tv on a wooden desk and an empty pizza box lying open on the floor beside the small trash, beer bottles inside the pizza box.

    I scrunched my nose at the stale smell of beer. "I'm definitely in a man's room." getting up, I made my way to the door and opened it slowly, peering out into the stone-tiled hallway.

    The sounds of an argument was heard somewhere down one of the halls; deciding to follow the sounds until it grew louder.

    "We don't even know her, Dean! She could be useful!" one of the men from before shouted.

    "She's a frickin' demon spawn, Sammy! There is no way we're keeping her here!" the other shouted.

    I peered around the corner and saw the two men arguing, then stopped once they saw me. The long haired one looked slightly relieved, but the short haired one just sighed.

    "Morning, princess." the short haired one said, opening up a beer. "Get enough beauty sleep?"

    "Who are you people?" I asked, hoping they'd answer my question now.

    "I'm Sam Winchester," the long haired one introduced, pointing to the other. "This is my brother Dean. And you're Bianca?"

    I nodded. "Last time I checked."

    A little smile formed on Sam's face. "Sorry about the rough tactics we used to bring you here."

    "I've had worse." I answered.

    "I'm headed out, Sammy. Can't be here any longer with Demon Princess here." Dean pointed to me, standing up and walking away.

    "Is he always like this?" I asked Sam, crossing my arms.

    He shrugged. "He's just not a fan of having you here."

    "Well, I'm not a fan of being here either. So, if you could let me go, that'd be great." I said to him.

    Sam chuckled. "We can't do that. See, we need you for something."

    "And what's that?"

    "Two things: stopping this blood rain, and stopping the apocalypse."