11 | Another Family Reunion

"I've been getting blasts from hunters all week." Bobby explained as he pointed at a map. "Nest of vamps. Werewolf dance party. Shifters, six of them. Two hunters died taking them out. Ghouls, ghouls. Ghoul-wraith smorgasbord."

"Is it just me, or is that a straight kick-line down I-80?" Dean asked.

"Exactly." Bobby nodded.

"Looks to me like it's a Sherman march monster mash." Sam said.

"Yeah, but where are they marching to?" I asked as we looked at the map, and Bobby pointed to a red circle on the map. "What is it?"

"Guy bashes in his family's heads." Bobby answered. "Police took him in."

    "Police station?" I asked.

    "Yeah." he nodded.

The four of us walked out of his house and got into the Impala, driving all the way down to the police station; walking into the interrogation room to talk with the new prisoner: Rick.

    "It's like I told the cops. I blacked out." Rick answered Bobby's question.

    "Well, just tell us what you do remember." Sam said.

    He shrugged. "Driving my regular route, and then I-I woke up in my truck at work."

    "And where's work?" Sam asked.

    "Starlight Cannery. I-I didn't remember how I got there...so I called home. When no one picked up. I-I went there, and I found..." Rick trailed off, stopping.

    "Anything unusual before you blacked out? Sights, smells, anything off the routine?" Bobby asked.

    Rick shook his head. "No. Basic night. I was giving some kid from the truck stop a ride. She took off. I-I think she took off."

    "Anything else?"

    "I swear–I didn't mean to do it. I-I loved them." Rick cried.

    "Um—okay. I think we're good here." I pulled Sam up out of the chair and the four of us left the man to cry in the interrogation room.

    Sam immediately ran over to a computer at a desk and sat in a chair, typing frantically.

    "So, demon possession or ghosts? I thought this was a monster thing." Dean asked.

    "All right, here we go." Sam gestured us over and we all looked at the security camera footage of the night the trucker picked up the hitchhiker. "Truck stop, night of the murders."

    "That's him." Dean pointed to Rick, then smiled a little when Eve approached. "Hmm. Hello."

    I smacked his head as Sam paused the camera, and we looked back to see Eve is facing it, her face grotesque.

    "Freakish nightmare. What the hell is that?" Dean asked with a shudder. "Bobby?"

    Bobby shook his head. "I've never seen that in my life. All those vamps and ghouls out on I-80–maybe they're coming in for Mother's Day."

    "Um...okay, well, if that is big mama–whatever she is, we got zero on ganking her. So what are we gonna do if we run into her? Throw salt and hope?" Dean asked.

    "No, we're gonna turn tail and run, because we're in over our heads." Bobby said.

    "I mean, we better get some real info on this bitch before we do run into her." Dean said.

    "One thing. She's probably one of the most powerful demons. Even more powerful that Lucifer himself. Makes my powers and abilities look like child's-play." I said.