6 |UFO

I wandered into our newest motel room late that night, jumping when a dim lamp light turned on the second I closed the door.

"Where were you?" Dean asked in a stern voice.

"Newspaper." I held up today's paper in response to him, and tossed it at him. "It was the last one, so be grateful. I had to fight an old beefy man to get it." I sat in a chair at the round table.

Dean set aside the newspaper without looking at it, his gaze locked on mine. "Where'd you go?"

"What do you mean? Nowhere." I answered.

"Don't think that I haven't noticed you going on late-night strolls while you think Sam and I are asleep." Dean said. "Again. Where'd you go? The full truth, this time."

I frowned at him. "I went to see Lisa."

Dean shot up immediately and walked over to me. "What?"

"Relax. I didn't kill her, or her kid, if that's what you're thinking. She's cute." I said, "I see why you like her."

"How'd you find out—"

"You sleep talk about cases." I interrupted. "Normally, I'd think it's cute, but you also sleep talk about your hookups. It's not pleasant."

    "Do me a favor and stop butting into my personal life. I don't want you in it. You're here for one purpose, and one purpose only." he snapped.

    "Yeah? What's that?" I got up and walked to him, craning my neck back to look at his 6'1 height—with me reaching a full height of 5'3.

    "You know damn well what it is."

    "Pretend I'm stupid." I crossed my arms.

    "To stop the apocalypse. You're the daughter of Crowley. You have powers that haven't been fully unlocked. We need them."

    "And you think you're going to be the one to unlock 'em? My own father couldn't. What makes you think you're the lucky one?"

    "Guess you'll find out."

========

Wayne Whitaker held up a silver USB recorder. "I'm here because I believe that Elwood Indiana has become a center of extraterrestrial activity. I have personally recorded dozens of eyewitness accounts, strange lights in the sky, mysterious presences attempting contact. We are right in the middle of what we in the field like to call a "UFO flap," and I am as happy as a pig in shoes."

"Okay. Thank you, Mr. Whitaker." I gave a half-hearted smile and walked back to where the boys were talking to the Sheriff.

"I can guarantee you that this has nothing to do with UFO's, little green men. Nothing extraterrestrial whatsoever." the Sheriff said.

A woman came up beside the Sheriff. "Of course it's not UFO's. It's fairies."

Dean looked at her oddly. "Fairies. Okay. Well, thank you for your input."

"What? Flying saucers not insane enough for you?" I asked.

Dean smacked my arm, and Sam smacked Dean in response.

"What newspaper did you say you worked for?" the old woman asked us.

"Okay, if you want to add glitter to that glue you're sniffing, that's fine, but don't dump your whackadoo all over us. We'd rather not step in it." Sam said, obviously not believing this crap either.

"Okay, we're done." Dean grabbed onto our arms and pulled us away from the lady.

"What?" Sam said to his brother.