9 | DRAGONS!!!

I stood with Dean in Bobby's basement with folded arms, waiting for Castiel to talk to us about Sam.

    The panic room door opened and Castiel came out, rolling down his sleeves. "His soul is in place."

    "Is he ever gonna wake up?" Dean asked.

    Castile shrugged. "I'm not a human doctor, Dean."

    "Could you take a guess?" I asked.

    "Okay. Probably not."

    "Oh, well, don't sugarcoat it." Dean said.

    "I'm sorry, Dean, but I warned you not to put that thing back inside him."

    "What was I supposed to do? Let T-1000 walk around, hope he doesn't open fire?" Dean said.

    "Let me tell you what his soul felt like when I touched it. Like it had been skinned alive, Dean. If you wanted to kill your brother, you should have done it outright." Castiel said, then vanished.

    "That was helpful." I said, looking at Dean. "Should we go check what Bobby's doing?"

    "Yeah. Let's go." Dean gestured me your the stairs first, and he followed closely behind; the two of us finding Bobby at his desk.

    Bobby poured each if us drinks as we sat across from him. "Like my daddy always said, just 'cause it kills your liver don't mean it ain't medicine. Sam still asleep?"

    "Yeah." Dean answered as he took a drink.

    "He'll wake up. Somehow, he always bounces back after everything he's been through." Bobby said.

    "He's never been through this." Dean said, spying the newspaper Bobby had out. "Job?"

    "Might be." Bobby nodded, handing Dean the paper.

    "Can I help? Send me to the library? Anything?" Dean asked.

    "Couple goes up in a light plane. Wreckage was just found in the woods." Bobby explained.

    "Couple of Buddy Hollys?" I got up from my chair and walked behind Dean, peering over his shoulder.

    "Doesn't really seem like News of the Weird." Dean said.

    "Pilot was found seventeen miles away, flambéed." Bobby said.

    "Oo. Flambé. My specialty." I said with a sudden interest. "Anything else?"

    "Girl's just gone. No body, no nothing." Bobby said.

    "Okay, I'm not changing the channel." Dean said.

    "Dean." Sam said suddenly, making us turn to where he stood in the doorway.

    "Sam?" Dean stood up, walking over to Sam and hugging him.

    Sam went over and hugged me, then Bobby.

    "Good to see you." Bobby said.

    "Wait. I saw you—I—I felt Lucifer snap your neck." Sam said.

    Bobby shrugged. "Well, Cas kind of—"

    "Cas is alive?" Sam looked at Dean.

    "Yeah, Cas—Cas is fine. Sam, are you okay?" Dean asked.

    "Actually, um...I'm starving." Sam said.

    "Come on. I'll make you something." I led the three men into the kitchen and Bobby sat down at the table with Sam as Dean helped me make sandwiches.