15 | The Angel is Dead

⛧✧ ✮⚝

⛧✧ ✮⚝

"Well, all right then. Is this good, or you want the whole "forehead to the carpet" thing?" Bobby asked as he lowered himself to the ground, obviously not liking this new Cas at all. "Guys?"

    Sam, Dean, and I slowly start to kneel, but Cas stops us.

    "Stop. What's the point if you don't mean it? You fear me. Not love, not respect, just fear."

    "Cas..." Sam said.

    "Sam, you have nothing to say to me; you stabbed me in the back." Castiel answered.

    "Cas, come on, this isn't you." Dean said.

    Castiel looked at him, then the rest of us. "The Castiel you knew is gone."

    "So what, then? Kill us?" Bobby asked.

    Castiel looked at Bobby, smirking a little. "What a brave little ant you are. You know you're powerless, you wouldn't dare move against me again. That would be pointless. So I have no need to kill you. Not now. Besides...once you were my favorite pets before you turned and bit me."

    "Who are you?" I asked, my arms crossed.

    "I'm God. And if you stay in your place, you may live in my kingdom. Even the demon. If she renounces her title and abilities. If you rise up, I will strike you down. Not doing so well, are you Sam?" Castiel asked when Sam shook his head like a fly had buzzed into his ear.

    "I'm fine...I'm...fine." he cleared his throat.

    I looked at him worriedly, putting a hand on his arm to steady him as he swayed. "Sam. Lean on me."

    He leaned against my side, letting out a little sigh of relief. "Thanks, Bianca."

    "You said you would fix him—you promised!" Dean shouted.

    "IF you stood down, which you hardly did. Be thankful for my mercy. I could have cast you back into the pit."

    "Cas, come on, this is nuts! You can turn this around, please!" Dean said.

    "I hope for your sake this is the last you see me." Castiel said, and disappeared.

    The four of us look at each other in silence for a few seconds before Sam groaned, leaning fully against me and making me stumble, catching him.

    "Sam, you okay?" I asked, Bobby and Dean coming closer.

    Sam suddenly fell to the ground and grabbed a broken shard of glass, cutting deep into his hand.

                                ========

I walked out into the junkyard with two bottles of beers, finding Dean upside down inside the crushed Impala, his boots pressed against the roof as he tried to get the caved-in top back to its original state.