Chapter - 8

It was Monday and i had an interview and I'm glad that I've passed it.
I finally thought that i can now be at ease.
I was happy that now i can quit my stripping job and can now work a 9 to 5 job and can escape from my dark life.

It was my first day at work and Hailey wished me luck but i didn't get in touch with Donovan since that day.
I wondered if he's alright.

I stepped into the building and went to my floor the gate of the lift opened and Donovan was standing there in front of the gate staring me like an angry puppy.
He was giving me death stares.

"Eek..!! You scared me. What are you doing here?"i asked
"What are YOU doing here?"
"I am here as an intern."
"So am i."
"What?"
"Let's get going and don't waste our time."
"But..."

He walked me to the manager's cabin.
"So there you are. I hope you'll work great together. I'll be seeing forward to."the manager wished us luck.
"By together you mean?.."i asked
"You and Mr. Donovan will be working together as an intern."
"But?....i thought you'll be supervising me and i thought I was the only one who came here as an intern. The college didn't announced any other student as qualified for this job."
"I don't know about whatever your college has informed you but you guys will be working together from now on."
"I'm sorry for being rude. I shall proceed with my work."
"That's nice hearing from you."

I bowed again as apology and went to my seat for preparing the files.
Donovan's seat was in front of me, opposite and I'm sure that brat have done it so that he can keep an eye on me.

"Why are you here?"i asked
"Are you deaf or something? I've told you I'm here as an intern too."
"That can't be possible."
"Why? Did you think yourself as someone who can get a job rather than anyone?"
"I didn't mean that. What I'm saying is why a rich person like you is doing some kind of job like this? I mean.....you're rich as fuck why are you wasting your precious time as an employee."
"It's none of your business."
"Really? I think you're here so that you can keep an eye on me or you can annoy me. I can see it on your face."
"Think whatever you want. I don't care."
He stood up and went for printing the documents.
I bit my lip because when he said it's none of my business it kind of hurt me.
It hurt me like someone has stabbed a needle in my heart.

How can you say it's none of my business. Whatever we do, we should do it together.
It is my business!

I don't know why he was being rude to me but at the same time he was showing care for me too.

Whenever I went in the canteen to eat he always sits beside me and pushed me in the corner seat so that only he can sit with me saying"don't just sit with anyone. You trust people so easily."

Whenever I tried to pick a heavy box of file he always interferes and snatch the box with me saying"you can't carry the box on your own. It's too heavy for you."

Whenever i stretched my arms in pain he was the one who massaged them saying"don't overwork. You can just pass out at this rate."

Whenever i felt anxious he was the one who held my hand and told me to calm down.

Whenever i feel sick he was the one who helped me with my work even though he had his enough to do saying"don't push yourself too much."

Whenever i get appreciated for my work he was one of the people in the crowds who were clapping for me saying"you're amazing. Keep it up."

Whenever i spoiled something he was the one who took the blame instead of me saying"just proceed with your work. I can handle that."

Even after so many days, weeks and months you've stayed by my side as if I'm someone the most dearest to you.