❀ 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒐𝒏𝒆 ❀

~~~~~~~~~~~~𖠳~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Grandmother, we have been over this-" Koänä had been cut off by her grandmother, Mo'at, raising a hand to her. She looked down to her granddaughter, who was sitting on the ground looking up at her.

" You are nineteen, Koänä. You need to mate with someone." The granddaughter rolled her eyes before yelping by the light slap to her head she had received. " Do not roll your eyes at me."

" Sorry. I just do not understand why I need to mate. All of the boys here are disgusting looking."

Mo'at rolled her eyes as Neytiri and Jake walked into the hut. Koänä stood up from her position and looked at her father with excitement shining in her bright yellow eyes.

" It is time. I have the paints ready." Neytiri told her daughter. Koänä smiled at her grandmother before slipping out of the door to return to her family's hut.

" Your daughter has developed your stubbornness." Mo'at spoke to Jake. The man gave her a smirk before following his daughter out of the hut with his mate following closely behind him.

Koänä was walking through the base of her clan, weaving her way through to find her home. Slightly in the distance she saw Tuk running towards her with a stressed out Lo'ak behind her.

" Koä!" Her youngest sister squealed and jumped into the air. Koänä caught her with a smile, resting Tuk on her hip as they walked the rest of the way towards Lo'ak.

" Tuk, you can't just run off like that!" Lo'ak scolded her. Koänä laughed while Tuk stuck her tongue out at her older brother.

" Be calm, little brother. We have a fight to win," Koänä smiled. " Besides, you already have enough wrinkles on your forehead. Do not stress so much, yeah?"

Koänä walked away from him with Tuk giggling on her hip. Lo'ak touched his forehead with a confused look on his face before hearing his sisters laugh. He rolled his eyes and jogged after them.

Kiri and Neteyam were already inside the hut with their parents. Tuk got down from Koänä's arms and ran to Neteyam. The boy immediately started to play with her as Koänä sat in front of her mother. With no words said, Neytiri dipped her fingers into the black paint. Koänä closed her eyes as her mother gently painted her face. After she had finished with painting her face, the mother moved onto doing her hair. Unlike the rest of her family Koänä didn't have braids. She wore her hair down. Kiri and Neytiri had begged her many times to let them braid her hair but Koänä always refused.