❀ 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒍𝒗𝒆 ❀

~~~~~~~~~~~~𖠳~~~~~~~~~~~~

Koänä was with Trítön walking to a private part of the island. Trítön found it many months ago but said nothing to anyone, not wanting them to know about his secret spot. He broke the exception for her. Only her.

" Is Lo'ak okay?" He spoke up for the first time since they began the walk. Koänä glanced at him before shrugging.

" He is okay, just disappointed no one believes in him or his brother. I think Tsireya went after him yesterday because he came back to the pod with a bounce in his usually sulky step." Koänä responded to him with a bit of teasing in her voice toward the end of her statement.

Trítön choked back a laugh since his sister returned home the same way yesterday. It was quite funny seeing how the Sully children had such a hold on the children of the sea. It shocked everyone once they began to see the bonds they had all formed.

" I'm sorry about my parents. They don't understand.." Trítön trailed off toward the end, suddenly quiet. She looked up at him once they finally neared the beach.

Koänä lightly nudged his torso in an attempt to make him feel better. The boy only slapped his elbow away with a small smile gracing his features. Koänä felt better about it already once she saw his lips perk up. She liked making him feel better.

" I get it." Was all she said, and that was enough. They sat down in the sand quietly.

" A friend of mine said something I can't get out of my mind." He mumbled to her. Trítön looked at the water while he felt her hesitant gaze fall upon him. " He said " It is quite fitting for a freak to connect to another freak.". I just cannot seem to get that out of my head. It has been sitting there. I don't know why."

Koänä knew why.

" How did you respond to it?" Silence. Koänä felt her heart beat in pain. " Trítön, what did you say back?"

He couldn't bear to look at her as he responded, " I said nothing. I just laughed with the rest of them as they made fun of Lo'ak."

Deep down, Koänä truly did appreciate his honesty, in that moment she wanted nothing but for him to lie to her face. She got up quickly and went to walk off the beach but he grabbed her arm, tugging her back to him. He looked down at her with a pleading look in his eye.

" Koä, please." He begged. She couldn't even look up at the boy. She felt betrayed, hurt, angry.

" Well, do you believe we're a bunch of freaks? Is that why you laughed along? Because you think it is true?" She spat at him. He gave her no response but another pleading look. " Answer me, Trítön! Do you think we're a bunch of freaks?!"