❀ 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏 ❀

~~~~~~~~~~~~𖠳~~~~~~~~~~~~

Moral of the story, Koänä got nervous at the last minute and b-lined back to her pod. Her mother sat there ready to do her hair, sorting through different kinds of beads. She seemed angry at how there were two different reds. It made Koänä want to laugh but she held it in and sat down in front of her mother.

Neytiri wasted no time and began to brush her fingers through Koänä's hair while humming their song chord. Koänä had been alive many years and she had heard this song chord many, many times. Her mother often sang it when any of her children had trouble sleeping, it was a peaceful harmony that knocked them out quickly.

" You are getting something new." Koänä went to open her mouth to say not to fully braid her hair but Neytiri already knew. " I will not fully braid it, calm down."

Koänä grinned to herself and closed her eyes. After a moment both of them began to sing the song chord. Neytiri continued going after what was usually the end. Koänä squeezed her eyes shut so she didn't cry once she heard the words flow out of her mother's mouth. Neytiri was singing about how Eywa had blessed them with another shot at life with their eldest child, Koänä.

" I am honored to have more than one part of the chord." She tried to joke but stopped once she felt Neytiri stop doing her hair.

Her mother moved and crouched in front of her with a calm look. " You are alive, my daughter. It is the biggest blessing I could ever be granted." 

Koänä smiled softly. She grabbed a braid in her freshly done hair, fiddling with it. Neytiri had a small knowing smile on her face. 

" You should go find him." 

" I am nervous." Koänä admitted. She couldn't meet her mother's eyes. She felt embarrassed for being nervous about a boy, but she couldn't help it. It was Trítön after all. 

" You have no reason to be nervous. He is head over heals for you it seems," Neytiri chuckled and sat down in front of her daughter. " When you two were in the water talking to his spirit brother, he gave you a look that anyone could understand from a mile away. Even your father thinks it is quite funny that the boy is so smitten with you." 

The term speaking of the devil came in handy as Jake walked into the pod right after his name had been mentioned in the conversation. Both of the females looked over to him and he shrugged. 

" It's funny seeing how whipped he is." Jake laughed as he sat down to sharpen his knife. 

" It's disgusting." Lo'ak decided to jump into the conversation as he walked in with Kiri and Tuk. The older sister laughed while Kiri shoved Lo'ak to the side.