❀ 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏 ❀

~~~~~~~~~~~~𖠳~~~~~~~~~~~~

Koänä was outside the reef with a couple of the warriors she began to train alongside. After the whole situation with him she had no purpose to train with him again. So she didn't. She spoke briefly with Tonowari and Ronal that she wanted a deeper acknowledgment of the way their people fought and the mated pair agreed to let the girl train among two of the best Metkayinan warriors. Iworan and Sepal were their names. The two were extremely talented in Koänä's eyes. They did not back down or believe in taking it easy. It was a very admirable thing.

" Iworan? Sepal? I think that is a tulkun.." Koänä told them once her eyes had been casted upon a floating tulkun with a small calf by its side. She could tell by the looks on both of their faces this meant something big.

" Sepal, stay with Koänä and the tulkun. I must warn the Chief." Iworan briefly told them before speeding off on his ilu back to the village where he could speak to the man.

Koänä looked over to Sepal and noticed the woman had tears in her eyes, a hand covering her mouth to stop any sobs from leaving it. Koänä went over to her on Nala and rested a hand on her shoulder. She could feel Sepal lean into her touch. It was obvious the woman needed some sort of comfort in the traumatic moment.

" It is Tsahìk's tulkun, Roa. That is her calf." Sepal finally cried out after being silent for such a period of time. Koänä felt immediate grief for the spirit sister of Roa. She simply couldn't imagine losing O'tekare. In a way, that was her spirit sister.

Koänä let her hand fall off of Sepal and went closer to the tulkun. She swam around noticing the bright tracker's stuck into the tulkun. She didn't let Sepal know what it was, terrified of the woman and what her reaction would be. Koänä knew it was sky people with the horrid machines they had. The beeping of the tracker and the flashing light made it all the more obvious to Koänä.

Koänä and Sepal heard chants and whoops of the Metkayina people coming closer by the second. Koänä looked back and saw Tonowari and Ronal leading them, their eldest son following closely behind. She felt her heart's pace pick up a tiny bit at the sight but remembered what had happened only the day before. He looked at her with great sorrow in his eyes and she couldn't help but feel like she needed to let her little grudge go for a moment. Koänä looked to her parents next, not noticing they were there for a second. Jake tilted his head a bit toward the floating tulkun and she nodded. That was all the Sully couple needed to know what this was all about.

They were never supposed to be dragged into this...

Was all Koänä could think as Ronal swam up to her spirit sister and rested a hand above her eye. She looked at the dead calf with tears urgently collecting in her eyes. " She was my spirit sister. She was the composer of songs, we would sing together!"