❀ 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚 ❀

~~~~~~~~~~~~𖠳~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had been a month since the battle had happened.  A lot had happened in the span of the month; The Sully family had been told they were one of the Metkayina people now and that they would be able to stay in Awa'atlu. All of the children took it quite well. Koänä and Lo'ak were the most happy out of the siblings, which was a surprise to no one. 

" Family meeting." Neteyam told Koänä as soon as she walked into the pod with Kiri and Tuk.

The whole family sat down and looked at Jake, wanting some sort of answer. He gave them all a calm smile.

" I talked with Ole'eyktan, he said we can stay here from now on. That we are apart of the Metkayina."

Tuk jumped up with excitement seen on her features. Lo'ak and Neteyam shared happy smiles, the older brother nudging the younger with a smirk now on his face. Lo'ak rolled his eyes, slapping Neteyam's arm away from him. Kiri smiled and turned to look at the water. It had quickly become her home. She felt as one with the water. Koänä genuinely couldn't tell how she felt. She was over the moon obviously about staying but part of her still longed for the feeling of being in the forest. Her first home. 

Spider had stayed with them in the meantime, which greatly unsettled the water clan. They were all very wary of the human boy, who had been seen on the opposite side during the battle. It took a lot of arguing on Spider's part from the Sully family, beside Neytiri and Koänä, to let him stay. In the end Tonowari told them Spider could stay for two months tops before he would have to return back to the forest to the lab he grew up in. Kiri had never argued with her family so much, on the behalf of how she should be able to live with Mo'at in the forest again and be with Spider. It was a quick refusal from her parents. 

" I would be with grandmother! I would be with Spider, Norm, Max!" Kiri cried out in desperation. Koänä rolled her eyes from her spot as she listened to her sister try to convince their parents for the tenth time today.

" Kiri, we have said no." Neytiri scowled, growing aggravated and upset with her second daughter's behavior. Neytiri couldn't seem to grasp the concept of why her daughter would want to be around the sky boy anyway. She had her suspicions when he disappeared for so long before showing back up on the night of the battle.

" Dad, please." Kiri kneeled in front of him, pleading.

Jake glanced at his mate with a sigh. He hated upsetting his daughters but there was not much he could do. This was his daughter, his responsibility. If she was to get hurt or anything it would be his issue because he had let her go so easily. Of course her happiness meant the world to him but her safety mattered even more than that. 

" Sorry babygirl, we already said no." 

Koänä was quite happy with how things had settled out. She was supposed to be getting a tattoo soon. Ronal and Tonowari had sat her down for hours and they had talked and explained the significance of what it meant to earn a tattoo and why she earned it. It brought tears to Koänä's eyes when she got told why she would be rewarded with a tattoo from Eywa. Ronal told the younger girl how Eywa had given her one of a kind bravery and passion for protection. 

" My child, sit." Ronal greeted Koänä with a calm look on her face, hand stroking her belly softly. Koänä smiled respectfully at the two leaders and sat in front of them. " We asked you here today because we, along with Eywa, think you deserve your first right of the Metkayina."

Koänä's eyes went wide as she glanced back between Trítön's parents. Were they serious?

Tonowari nearly smiled at her shocked face. He began to tell her about the importance of receiving a tattoo from the clan. The two parents knew they'd never forget the look of the girl's face when she got told the meaning of her tattoo.

" It has been known that you stood up in a moment of stress. You helped save a tulkun from a possible killing. You not only saved your siblings, but our daughter. You had the courage to stand against the sky people and fight so our son, your brothers, and the human could escape with no injuries, then proceeded to get a war-scar of your own." Ronal listed off the things with a proud look on her face. She'd never say it to anyone yet but she grew to like the girl that sat in front of her. Koänä reminded Ronal a lot of herself when she was younger and beginning to earn her rights of the tribe and fall in love.

" You showed not only us, but our clan that you have compassion and strength. You are a very brave girl, Koänä, I hope to see you lead in that way." Tonowari finished for his mate. 

As for Trítön...Well both of the Na'vi were confused about the relationship they had going on with one another. It was very much so known there were feelings there. Ever since the day Koänä kissed him, he trailed after her like a lost direhorse. Although she would never admit it, Koänä thought it was very cute because she had become pretty smitten with him too. There were nearly not any moments where the two weren't together. It took a lot to get him away from her and her away from him. It had gotten as far as eating meals together, rotating which pod they would eat in.

" No, we are eating in my pod tonight." Trítön yanked Koänä toward the direction of his pod, where his family was prepping the food to eat.

Koänä rolled her eyes, ripping her arm from his grasp and grabbing his tail. She tugged it harshly in the way of her pod and he spun to look at her with a smirk. Koänä's eyes slightly widened at his reaction to her tug. He stalked toward her, towering over her with a sudden cocky aura.

" Come on, Koä." His hand slithered up to her cheek, resting the one hand on her face. His other arm wrapped around her waist and pulled her closer. " You know you want to."

The girl nearly folded for the man in front of her. She looked up at him with a tiny smirk on her face. She leaned up and placed her lips on his. The boy feverishly kissed her with just as much passion as the first kiss they had shared. It wasn't the second time they've kissed. There have been many late night talks on the beach that ended up with their lips connected and hands wandering. So really it was nothing new.

She leaned back from his touch and smirked while she slowly walked backwards away from him. His hand slipped off her waist and he tilted his head, unimpressed at her teasing. She held a hand out to him.

" Come on. After we eat, the beach could be the next location we go."

That was all it took for him and suddenly he was walking toward her. He grabbed her hand, interlocking all nine of their fingers together. The first time Koänä noticed her pinky slightly out of the hand hold so the next time Trítön fixed the way he held her hand so all five of her fingers would be in.

" I am quite sick of you winning this little game we have going on, my forest girl."

" Well, my ocean boy, you better get used to it because I do not lose." 

______________________

I am so sorry for such a late update!! 

but I've been planning the second book and it is so good so far!! so much koä and trítön. you will all love it!! lo'ak book coming out soon as well <3