❀ 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 ❀

~~~~~~~~~~~~𖠳~~~~~~~~~~~~

The previous night had been extremely awkward for the Sully family. Koänä wouldn't even spare a glance at her father, which slightly broke his heart a little bit knowing that his daughter was beginning to look at him so differently. Lo'ak ignored his whole family when he came back and went straight to bed. Neteyam didn't say anything but instead gave them all a smile before he went to bed himself. It was a night none of them wanted to experience ever again.

Now, Koänä was pacing around the sand with a spear in her hand, twirling it as her and Trítön circled each other. The girl opted to get out of the pod and Trítön offered to train with her the Metkayina way. So she accepted it and here they were getting ready to spar.

" I'll go easy on you." Trítön joked as he planted himself into a fighting stance with his spear pointed at her.

Koänä scoffed out a laugh. " Game on."

The boy smirked and swung the spear at her first. Koänä blocked it with ease. The two spears pressed up against each other, Koänä already being ahead of him so she jabbed the end of her spear into his neck, catching him off guard. Now on defense, she continued trying to get hits at him but Trítön was quick enough to continue blocking her. He used his force to knock her back and she stumbled with a surprised look. The girl planted the spear into the sand and flipped her body around it, kicking Trítön's back. He fell onto the sand stomach first and turned onto his back, staring at her with an unread emotion. The girl pointed the sharp end of her spear at him with a smirk.

" I'm impressed, Koä." He admitted. She held out a hand to him and he took it, yanking her down into the sand with him. They laughed together.

" Neteyam said everyone was meeting on the dock soon." Koänä told him, rolling onto her stomach and getting up. Trítön followed her and they grabbed the spears.

" Let's go then." He followed her off of the beach and through the mauri pods to get to the dock. " I'll race you."

Koänä laughed, swiping his feet with her spear and taking off running. He was left on the ground in complete shock by the girl's dirty play. Trítön quickly got up and began running after her.

" You cheat!" He yelled at her while they slowly came to a stop at the beginning of the dock.

" Me a cheater? I don't think I could ever.." She sarcastically said, acting shocked and pressing her other hand to her heart. The Metkayina boy only rolled his eyes and shoved her forward.

Koänä's laugh brought the teens and Tuk out of a conversation they were having. Tsireya waved at her with a large smile. Koänä brought her hand to her head before lowering it to her with the same smile on her own face. Lo'ak looked between them with a small grin on his face. He was just happy that the girl he liked and his older sister liked each other so much.