❀ 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏 ❀

~~~~~~~~~~~~𖠳~~~~~~~~~~~~

Koänä was walking toward the loud noise coming from the center of the village. Neteyam and Lo'ak ran past her, the youngest brother turning to her.

" Come on! There's an announcement." He urgently told her. Koänä gave him a confused expression before the dots connected.

Roa and her calf.

Koänä started rushing toward all the noise with her brother's right behind her. Once they got to the center, she noticed the two leaders standing in the middle with their people surrounding them. Koänä shuddered on the inside. These people didn't understand what they were getting themselves into.

" Oh Reya.." Koänä sympathized seeing the girl with fresh tear lines running down her cheeks. She rushed toward the young girl and brought her into her arms, hugging her tightly.

" My spirit sister and her baby have been murdered!" Ronal announced loudly, watching her people's reactions. There were many gasps and whoops surrounding the air already. Koänä closed her eyes tightly, shaking her head and holding Tsireya closer and tighter to her side.

" This war has come to us! We knew about the hunting of our tulkun people, but it was over the horizon, far away. Now it is here!" Tonowari growled out. The angry and vengeful attitudes filled throughout the giant group quickly.

Koänä watched as the people surrounding her began to let out war cries, sticking out their tongues. She looked nervously at Neteyam, who looked just as helpless as her. She then glanced over at Lo'ak, seeing her brother nervous. She knew he was thinking about Payakan, she knew it. This was Lo'ak she was talking about. Knowing him he'd go do something reckless to save his spirit brother.

" You got...You got to understand how the sky people think! They don't care about great balance!" Jake rushed forward, yelling at everyone with urgency.

Koänä let go of Tsireya, ready to defend her father. She did not care if it was not her place, she had grown to love the ways of the Metkayina clan. The last thing she wanted was to see any of them hurt or killed by the sky people.

" We don't answer to the sky people!" One of the clan members yelled out, angrily. That only seemed to make everyone more riled up.

" You don't understand, they will-" Koänä's shouting was cut off by her father. He sent her an apologetic look for cutting her off before looking toward the people again. Neteyam had been trying to calm the clan and get them to listen.

" The sky people are not gonna stop! This is only the beginning! You gotta tell your tulkun to leave! You gotta tell them to go far away!" He continued to yell. Koänä could tell he was becoming stressed at how these people were not listening to him. They should've. He was a sky person himself, he knows they're way.