❀ 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏 ❀

~~~~~~~~~~~~𖠳~~~~~~~~~~~~

Koänä's eyes opened slowly, groaning at the sudden sharp pain throughout her whole body. She blinked multiple times to adjust to the light that was shining through the pod-pod?! Her eyes were now open and she sat up quickly. Bad idea. She let out a hiss of pain and looked down at her side, seeing a scar now covering it. Tears rushed to her eyes faster than you could say 'ilu'.

" Thank you, great mother. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you." She cried aloud.

She was alive. The great mother had truly blessed her with the gift of strength. In her final moments, Eywa came through for her and saved the life she was grasping onto.

" KOÄNÄ!" Tuk screamed, dropping the leaf of fruit on the ground. Koänä's eyes darted to her little sister's and she let out a cry of happiness.

Tuk jumped on top of her and wrapped her arms around Koänä's neck. Koänä felt an intense pain in her side but ignored it for the time being so she could embrace the moment with her sister. Neytiri and Jake, who ran after Tuk once the girl had gotten the fruit and bolted, entered the pod ready to scold Tuk. They both paused seeing Koänä and Tuk hugging.

" Look! She's awake!" Tuk jumped around the pod happily once she let go of her sister.

Koänä stood up finally and tilted her head at her parent's. Jake moved forward first, scooping his little girl up in his arms and placing a hand on the back of her head as her feet lifted off the air. Her laugh brought a smile to her face and he kissed her head, letting his lips linger for a moment. He couldn't believe she was awake. Alive.

" Koä," Neytiri moved toward her daughter slowly. Jake unwrapped his arms from her and she ran into her mother's. " Ma'Koä. My sweet girl, you're alive." 

" Bro why did Tuk run-" Lo'ak stopped his sentence mid way as he saw his older sister step away from his mother and into the open. Neteyam and Kiri both rounded the corner, confused on why Lo'ak stopped speaking. Deep down, they enjoyed it though.

The three older kids all froze in their spot. Kiri just blinked, not sure if what she was seeing was real. Unconsciously, Neteyam looked down at his hands where her blood once was. He looked up to her and saw her there. Breathing, smiling, happy. It only took him a millisecond before he was in her arms.

No words needed to be exchanged between them. They could just read it from the body language of the other sibling. He let go of her first and stepped back, taking in the new scar on her side. Koänä rolled her eyes, slapping him with her tail as she walked past. He grinned. There was the Koänä he knew.

" Kiri.." Koänä said softly after noticing her sister still just blinking while standing there. Kiri shook her head before laughing happily and hugging Koänä.

" Eywa blessed us." Kiri told her whole family as she hugged her older sister. Koänä laughed, letting go and grabbing Kiri's face in her hands. " You're alive!"

" Can I hug her now, Kiri? Or do you wanna keep hogging her?" Lo'ak's tone was playful but full of annoyance. He waited behind them with his arms crossed, foot tapping on the ground.

Kiri rolled her eyes and walked toward the rest of the family, mumbling bitterly about how annoying Lo'ak was. Neteyam and Tuk laughed at her while they watched Koänä embrace her little brother tightly.

" You scared me..us..everyone." He muttered into her shoulder, his arms squeezing her a little tighter. Once he heard her wince the grip eased a bit.

" Eywa is pretty good with what she does, huh Loana?" A smirk came on her face as he groaned and shoved her back gently. She stumbled a bit while laughing.

The family all itched forward when she stumbled with concerned expressions. Koänä fought the urge to roll her eyes or hiss at them. She was not some fragile piece of glass that needed to be watched at all times.

" We are happy you are awake." Neytiri smiled, brushing her daughter's hair with gentle hands.

" Yeah, a week later." Lo'ak mumbled and Neteyam slapped the back of his head while rolling his eyes. " Ow! Skxqwng!"

Koänä smiled at her mother but didn't miss the way she grimaced when she found a knot in the messy hair. " Can you do my hair?"

" After Tsahík checks on you." Neytiri gave her other remaining children the look to go find Ronal and they all scurried out of the pod to find her.

Neytiri smiled at her daughter again before leaving the pod herself to go get the things she'd need to redo Koänä's hair. Jake stepped toward his daughter and checked her over to make sure nothing was wrong.

" Father." Koänä mumbled, trying to get his attention but he was hellbent on making sure she was not injured in any way. " Dad!"

His attention snapped up at her finally once she had said the foreign word. Koänä was never one to call him that. It was always father or nothing. No dad, no papa, none of that was a likely name you'd hear come out of her mouth. It nearly brought tears to Jake's eyes once she said that because it proved such a point to him. She was alive. She was breathing and she was fine.

" I am okay. Stop stressing so much, old timer. It's not doing your looks any good." She teased him with a small smirk on her face. Jake rolled her eyes and stuck his fingers into her left side, making her squeal and jump away.

" That's called a taser. Want me to do it again?" He playfully taunted her, sticking his pointer and middle fingers at her. 

" Yeah right. If you can catch me first." Koänä went to leave but her mother stood beside Ronal, both of them staring at her unimpressed. " Not allowed to leave yet..Got it."

Neytiri had yanked Jake out of the pod with him yelling at his daughter that he was going to get her later. She only flicked her middle finger at him with a smirk. He rolled his eyes and put both of his up at her.

" It is...nice to see you awake and in good spirits." Ronal told Koänä as the two females sat down so she could perform her Tsahík duties. Koänä smiled at her in thanks. " Eywa has blessed you with life, child. You should be thankful.

" I am very thankful. I get to live now. See my siblings grow up, my parents grow old-" Koänä started and Ronal cut her off with a tiny grin on her face.

" Be able to fall in love and grant me grandchildren." Koänä's eyes snapped to her with a shocked look on her face. Ronal could only let out a tiny laugh as she applied some sort of healing cream onto her wound. " My son has told me everything. Some would say he is a..a..what is the sky person saying?"

" Momma's boy." Koänä recalled the word from when her father teased Neteyam about how he was a momma's boy when he was younger. Neteyam, not knowing what the saying meant, got very defensive against the words of 'accusation'.

" Yes, thank you. Momma's boy. That is my Trítön for you." Ronal finished applying the cream and got up, beginning to prepare things for Koänä to take back to her pod.

" How," Koänä swallowed nervously. She didn't want to necessarily ask his mother how he was. " How is he?"

" Different." Ronal handed Koänä a small basket of things and nodded toward the entrance of the door. " Go see for yourself." 

______________________

oh my gosh she's alive! thank eywa bro cuz I nearly killed her off 

anywho! if I created a lo'ak book would anyone read or am I wasting my time?