❀ 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒆𝒍𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏 ❀

~~~~~~~~~~~~𖠳~~~~~~~~~~~~

Koänä sat on a dock with her feet in the water, watching as Trítön, Ao'nung, and Rotxo tried to teach some of the younger boys how to properly hunt. It brought a smile to her face seeing how good all of them were with little kids.

" I'm going to sit," Neteyam spoke up from behind her. She looked over at her shoulder and smiled. " And you are going to tell me what happened last night when you disappeared for hours."

Koänä's cheeks flared up at the mention of the night before. Neteyam noticed his older sister becoming flustered and didn't say anything as he sat down. Both of them looked at each other. Neteyam was the first to start laughing and soon enough Koänä joined him.

" What do you want to know?" She asked him.

Neteyam looked at the water, " Did you...you know...mate?"

Koänä slapped the back of his head with a shocked look on her face. Neteyam's head whipped over to her, a couple of his braids hitting her in the face.

" What was that for?!"

" If I ever was to mate with someone, you will not be the first person to know!" She laughed at his face once she said that.

" Everyone was wondering!" He defended himself and raised his arms in mock surrender. Koänä rolled her eyes playfully.

" I have known that boy for what? Two? Three weeks?" She began to say. Neteyam looked at her and saw his older sister staring at something in the distance. Her eyes were practically in the shape of hearts. He followed where she was looking and saw said boy with his younger brother and Rotxo. They were surrounded by a bunch of kids, the little Metkayinan boys were now jumping on the three, trying to dunk them under water.

" It does not matter how long you've known him, Koä. It's obvious Eywa has blessed you with that boy. Why are you not jumping with joy at the fact?" He told her, finally looking back to her as she still watched Trítön.

" I am scared." Koänä admitted.

Neteyam felt confused at the sudden confessment. Scared about what? It was Koänä, she was not one to be scared of a boy. He urged her to continue on with his eyes.

" I am scared that if I commit myself to Trítön that I will have to watch you all fade away." She said, Neteyam went to point at the most obvious fact. She stopped him before he could. " We don't know if we will ever return back to the forest, 'Teyam. Let's say we do, I will have to be here with him. I will have to sit back and live without my family beside me. It would not have been that way if we never left."

" You cannot control what has happened, sister. If you love him, or feel that you can love him, do not let that go." Neteyam told her. " Now tell me more."