Chapter 6

"Thank you, everyone!" Ibuki bowed, waving at the imaginary crowd.

Y/N handed her a bottle of water, "That was really good."

Ibuki hopped off the stage and took a big gulp out of her water. "Thanks! I'm thinking of naming it Mamas, Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up to Be Houses!"

Y/N turned to Nagito, "So what do you think?"

"Well, it was certainly something," Nagito said, checking to see if his ears still worked.

"Right? I like it."

It was currently before school and the band had gotten together in the practice room. It was unusual for the band to meet in the mornings, but Ibuki had called everyone to come into the band group chat. She had rounded the bandmates to watch her play a new demo that she wrote up a few days prior. Y/N decided to take Nagito along with them to introduce him to the band members. They thought it was a good start for Nagito to meet more people.

"Are you sure it's okay for me to come?" He had asked in homeroom.

"Definitely," Y/N replied.

Ibuki's performance was no different from her other performances, but since it was a rough draft, it was definitely rough. But somehow, Ibuki had the artistic ability to make it sound unique. Nagito, unaware of Ibuki's preferred music genre, was slightly horrified though he was nice about it. It was nothing personal, everyone who had ever listened to Ibuki play had reacted that way. Nagito got to meet the bandmates after Ibuki's demonstration. While Kazuichi and Twogami greeted him kindly, Hiyoko was more curious than welcoming.

"What's with your hair? It makes you look old," she commented.

"Hey, it's not nice to ask," Kazuichi countered. "People can look however they want to look."

"You shouldn't be talking, your hair is even weirder than his!"

"H-hey!"

"What, I'm right and you know it."

"You have even weirder hair, why is it shaped like a banana?" Kazuichi insulted. "Do you even have any friends looking like that?"

"Yes, I do! Mahiru and Ibuki are the bestest friends ever!"

"Who would want to be friends with someone like you?"

Hiyoko clasped her ears, "La la la, I can't hear you!"

"God, you're so immature!"

"La la la!"

It seemed like Kazuichi and Hiyoko always had something to bicker about. It was like this at every meeting. Hiyoko would say something to provoke Kazuichi and he would lock horns with her. They would quarrel until someone stopped them, typically Hajime or Twogami. You would think high school students would be mature by now, Y/N thought.

"I wish those two would get along," Ibuki sighed.

"Were they always like this?" Y/N asked.

"Yes, for the longest time!"

"Then why," Y/N gestured to the two arguing, "are they here together?"

"Ibuki knew they didn't get along very well, but Hiyoko was the first to join and Ibuki needed a bass player!"

"You two, stop fighting," Twogami called out to them. "We're never going to get anywhere if you guys keep at it."

"But she started it first," Kazuichi blamed.

"It doesn't matter who started it first, what matters is if you hanged it maturely or not. Why do you fight back?"

"Well, uhm..."