Four

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

(S1 E2)

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

Sneaking back onto the Cameron boat was easier said than done. Especially with multiple air tanks weighing Parker down. 

She had turned down John B's offer to assist her, and she was severely regretting it right this second. Trying to put the air tanks back without them banging against each other was a difficult task, and one that Parker had failed at.

The tanks clanged loudly, making Parker wince. She pauses for a second, and not hearing any other disturbances, thinks that she is in the clear. That is, until she hears, "Wheezie, shut up."

The Maybank girl quickly pauses, hoping not to make any more noise. Unfortunately, her stopping made the tanks swing into each other once again. From behind her, Parker hears rustling, and then a gasp.

"You're not Wheezie." Parker slowly turns around and sets the tanks on the floor. "Ding, ding, ding. Want a prize or something?" Parker then sighs, realizing how mean her response sounded. "I'm sorry."

Rubbing her eyes in a way that makes Parker softly smile, Sarah asks, "What are you doing?" She lets out a yawn as Parker struggles to come up with an excuse for bringing empty tanks back when she said she was going to fill them.

"Just, ah... Just dropping off some scuba gear. What are you doing here? On your boat?" Parker realizes how dumb her question sounds after she says it out loud. Sarah looks at her, incredulous. "As you said, it's our boat. It's also the only place with air conditioning."

Parker nods, feeling kind of stupid. Sarah then remembers the conversation they had had the day before. "Did you, um... top up the tanks?" Realizing that she would have to lie to the shorter blonde in front of her, Parker slowly shakes her head. "Uh... nope. The main power's down still, so the compressors were off." 

She clears her throat before trying to move towards the compartment to store the equipment. She stops again when Sarah starts talking. "So, you're sneaking onto our boat at 5 a.m. with empty tanks? I'll be sure to tell Ward." Parker starts to slightly panic at the thought of potentially losing her job, but she tries to hide it as best she can. 

"Cool, cool, cool, cool, cool. No doubt, no doubt." She then turns and rushes down to the storage unit, dropping the tanks where she found them the previous day. As she exits, she hears Sarah quietly say bye. She pauses, and then whips around to face the girl. "Actually, you  know, what- what exactly were you gonna tell your dad?"

Sarah lets out a chuckle and shrugs her shoulders. "Nothing much. Just that you poached our scuba gear." Parker runs both her hands through her hair, making Sarah struggle to keep her eyes off of the Maybank girl's flexed arms. "Fuck. I borrowed it for a few hours, then I brought it back unharmed, okay?"