Ten

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

(S1 E4)

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

The car Sarah had called had them at the front of the campus by dark. Sarah thanks the driver, and he pulls away. Sarah begins to lead the two Pogues as they walk in the direction of the library, with her stating, "So, the library's on the other side of the student center," She then pauses for a second before asking, "Have you ever been here before?"

Parker shakes her head, looking around the large campus in slight awe. John B sarcastically replies, "I've never been to a college, no." Sarah snorts before sarcastically responding, "That's a gap in your training," She then focuses more on Parker, asking, "How do you like it?" 

Parker continues to look around, murmuring, "This place is fucking dope. I love it." Sarah smiles at her before beginning to explain her connection to the place as they continue on. 

"So, my dad went here," Both Parker and John B hum. "And then his dad went here, and then his dad's dad went here." John B sucks in a deep breath, saying, "That's pretty rough." Sarah nods her head.

"Yeah, I know. He would have an absolute aneurysm if I didn't go here, which is kind of annoying, but what can you do?" Parker shrugs her shoulders, responding, "I wish my dad cared that much. He doesn't even care if I go to school now, let alone in the future." Sarah shoots Parker a slightly confused look, but then remembers that her father is a notorious drunk. 

Sarah then turns to John B, inquiring, "What about you?" John B sighs, thinking about it for a second. "Uh... college has never really been on my radar, so..." Sarah's phone begins to ring, and she pulls it out of her pocket, confused.

She glances at the screen before gasping, "Uh-oh. It's my handler." Parker ooos conspiringly. Sarah shows her the screen and Parker reads 'Dad' across the top in big letters. 

Sarah begins to walk backwards, heading towards a building. "I told him I was spending the night at Scarlet's." Parker smirks at the blonde girl, making Sarah's steps falter slightly. "And what would he think if he knew you were with me?"

Sarah dramatically turns away, putting her hand on her chest. "I'd be hanged for treason." Parker gasps, jokingly asking, "As a Pogue sympathizer?" Sarah nods her head, humming.

Parker gasps again, gleefully saying, "Oh, my goodness," She then brings her hand up to her face in the universal sign for a phone, prompting Sarah to do the same. 

"You've got to be careful fraternizing with the enemy, Valerie," Parker pretends to be Ward and she pauses dramatically before grabbing Sarah's arm and backing her up towards a sign. "Wait a minute. Did she kidnap you? Or drug you?"

Sarah begins to talk in a French accent, saying, "No, I came of my own recognizance, following a lead." Parker pauses for a second, pretending to ponder something. "Oh. Do we know this enemy?" Sarah nods, biting her lip to fend off her smile.