Five

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

(S1 E2)

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

After slightly calming down from the scare at the Château, Parker realized that she had told Ward that she would come help out again. She made her way through Tannyhill and got to work moving branches and clearing out the backyard.

She quickly noticed the blonde Cameron girl chatting with a much smaller girl who seemed distraught. She then watched Sarah climb up onto a fallen tree trunk and make her way carefully towards a boat that was under it.

Getting concerned, Parker drops her rake, finally noticing the seemingly live wire that Sarah was working hard to avoid. She hears someone concerningly say, "Hey, there's 14,000 volts in those wires."

Someone shrieks, and a group of Kooks containing Topper, Rafe, and Kelce start calling out for her to be careful. Parker notices Sarah's step-mother quickly making her way towards her step-daughter. "Oh, you gotta be kidding me. Sarah, get down now!"

Sarah rolls her eyes while still trying to balance. "Rose, calm down. I'm an athlete. I got this." Getting more frustrated with the girl, Rose storms closer. "You're gonna get electrocuted! Get down!" Parker flinches at the serious tone in the woman's voice.

People continue to mutter and whisper to each other, saying things like Sarah just wants attention and that she was going to get electrocuted. Suddenly, Sarah falls and screams in pain. Parker quickly runs towards the seemingly injured girl, concerned for her safety.

Sarah then jumps up, surprising Parker and making her fall backwards. The blonde Cameron girl then holds up the wire and says, "It's disconnected." While she giggles, Parker tries to catch her breath.

She looks off to her left and sees Topper in the same state as her. His friends make fun of him while he snaps something about caring about his girlfriend.

Parker shakes her head, realizing that she has no right to be concerned about Sarah's safety, as she isn't her girlfriend. Going back to work, she misses a conversation that is being held between Topper and Wheezie.

"... She does scary stuff like that all the time. If you say something, it'll be like you're trying to tell her what to do, and you'll end up like Denny." Topper swings his head around to face his girlfriend's little sister.

"Wait, Denny? What are you talking about? What happened with Denny?" Wheezie shrugs, acting like she was warning him for his own good. "She cheated on him. And the guy before that. You know what that means? You're next. You're the next sucker up. You should have seen her flirting with Parker this morning."

Topper looks slightly confused for a second, before getting a serious and dangerous look on his face. "Parker? Like, as in Parker Maybank? The dyke?"

Wheezie nods, crossing her arms over her chest. "Mhm. And she's right over there. Sarah caught her stealing stuff off the boat." Beginning to get concerned, Topper starts pacing. "Did she tell anybody?"