Seven

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

(S1 E3)

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

Rock music plays on the Twinkie's radio as the Pogues pull into the lot of the Carrera's restaurant, The Wreck. They make their way inside, jokingly shoving each other and horsing around. 

"Stealing drones makes you hungry." JJ nods, adding, "What I would do to a beer and shrimp and grits right now." Pope and Parker scrunch up their noses in disgust. "It would not be pretty." Parker laughs, knowing for a fact that the raven-haired boy was right.

Kiara sighs as they enter the restaurant, making her way towards her dad as the rest of the Pogues sit down at one of the tables, still messing around. They talk for a short while before Mr. Carrera glances over at them and sighs. He shakes his head, exasperated, muttering harshly at Kiara. 

They seem to get into a mini argument before Mr. Carrera relents, announcing, "Well, I- I got- I gotta throw it out. Might as well take it." Kiara thanks him enthusiastically, and he gives her a smile. Parker waves at him, calling out, "Thank you, Mr. C!" He nods, shooting her a tight-lipped smile.

Kiara brings it out the food for them, and JJ stands up to try to grab it. Parker grabs the back of his shirt and yanks him back down, muttering "no fucking manners", under her breath. 

Kiara lays it out, and JJ excitedly exclaims, "Oh! Oh, yes!" They quickly dig in, and Parker continuously snatches bits and pieces of food from JJ's hands. 

At some point, Kiara pulls John B up and begins to dance with her. Parker glances over at Pope to gage his reaction, trying to prove her theory to herself. When she sees the jealous look on his face, she knows that he is definitely into Kiara. 

She puts her hands on her head, realizing how many problems this could create for them in the future. Life just couldn't be easy for them, could it.

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

The next day, they head down to the Chatêau's dock to test out the drone. Kiara and John B jump into the water with it, and Pope, JJ, and Parker stay on land to monitor the camera. 

JJ tries to tap the keyboard, asking, "What's this?" but Pope slaps his hand away, exasperatedly muttering, "Don't touch that. I'm trying to work out this thing." Pope punches a few keys, making the drone seemingly move forward. 

JJ bends over with his hands on his knees, basically breathing down Pope's neck. "God bless geeks, Pope. Truly, man. What would we do without you to control the drones?" John B and Kiara surface, trying to catch their breath. Pope rolls his eyes, ready to correct the blonde boy. 

"It's not a drone, it's an ROV." JJ waves him off, exclaiming, "Shut up. Shut up. It's too early for that right now." Parker shoves Pope slightly, moving towards the end of the dock so she can confer with the two in the water.