Seventeen

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

(S1 E7)

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

Parker walks up to her front door, hesitating a moment before taking a deep breath and pushing the door open. She quickly runs to her room and stashes a wad of cash for JJ, hoping it would be enough for him. She glances around for her father, finding him on the couch surrounded by empty bottles of liquor and drugs. 

She stands in front of him, stating, "I've been staying at John B's." Luke Maybank doesn't look up at his daughter, responding, "I didn't ask you where you were stayin'. I don't care. I knew you'd get hungry." 

Parker lets out a sigh, shakily saying, "That's not why I came back, Dad." Luke lets out a disbelieving sound, still not even sparing a glance towards Parker. 

"I got the money." Luke scoffs. "Yeah, I'll believe that when I see it." Parker lets out a grunt as she drops the duffle bag filled with money onto the table in front of him. Luke hums, pulling the bag closer to him. 

Parker points at the bag, stating, "It's all there. 25K." Luke opens the bag, sifting through it. He lets out a chuckle, making Parker smile. She didn't know why she still needed his approval, as he had never treated her or JJ well, but she still seemed to ache for it. 

"I don't know how you got this. I-- I don't even wanna know. You did it." The Maybank man finally looks up at his daughter before standing up and putting his hands on his head. "I'll grant you that. You did it." 

Parker grins at the praise, and for once her father had brought a smile to her face. "I think that sale's still on at Guffy's of Makos," Luke says out loud. "They're practically givin' 'em away." The smile on Parker's face drops. 

"That's for the restitution." Luke ignores Parker's plead, continuing to think about what new drugs he was going to buy. "Dad." Parker tries again, but he still doesn't listen. "Dad. Can you please just do the right thing for once, okay?" 

Parker regrets saying it as soon as it comes out of her mouth, especially when Luke whips his head in her direction. He stands up slowly, advancing on Parker. "You know how much you cost me, you little shit?" Parker nods her head, but Luke still gets right up in her face. "This nut?" He points to the duffel bag. "It ain't going to the cops. No. I'm gonna take it south. I'm gonna triple it--" 

"Dad!" Parker cries out, hoping to shake some sense into her father. Instead of it working, it makes Luke even angrier. "You got somethin' to say? After everything you done? You wanna get into it?" Parker whimpers slightly, making Luke nod his head. "I didn't think so." 

He turns around and begins to mutter about how people waste his time, and Parker realizes that he had taken his eyes off of the duffel bag. She builds up the nerve for a second before she grabs it and sprints out the door. She can hear her father let out an angry exclamation and she can hear his heavy footsteps begin to chase after her.