Thirteen

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

(S1 E6)

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

Parker began to slowly wake up. She tried to open her eyes, and she was met with harsh, bright, blurry lights. She hissed and closed them again. When she finally eased them open, she noticed that she was in an unfamiliar room. 

At the foot of the bed she was lying in, Sarah was watching her with a small relieved smile. "Hi." Parker tries to do a head nod towards her, but instead manages to put herself in a lot of pain. She winces out, "Hi." 

Sarah quickly moves towards her, helping her get settled in and comfortable. When she's finally settled, Parker pulls Sarah down right next to her. "Where am I?" 

Sarah glances around before answering. "St. Olive's. John B fell from the Hawk's Nest, and when you tried to catch him, you got yanked down as well. You have a concussion, and you broke your arm. John B has a concussion and a broken wrist." Parker looks down at her arm, which she finally notices is wrapped in a sky blue cast.

"Whoa." Sarah giggles at the almost childlike look on Parker's face. "Pretty cool." Parker nods. She sits back for a second before shooting up and groaning at the sudden movement.

"I can't- I can't be here. Fuck, my dad's still pissed about my restitution. I can't afford this! And Johnny - Johnny's gonna get found by DCS-"

"Hang on there, kid. Hang on." Parker looks towards the other side of the room, finally noticing Ward Cameron. "Sarah told me everything. About your little adventure, about John B running from the DCS. About the money you owe, about how you were protecting her in the tower." 

Parker glances at Sarah, who gives her a shy grin that Parker easily returns. Ward continues, "Parker, I owe you an apology. I was too quick to fire you, over such a small matter. I am a little disappointed that you managed to get arrested again, but I think that you were also unfairly judged there. I'm going to be paying for your hospital stay, okay?" Parker lets out a relieved sigh, reaching out to shake Ward's hand.

"Thank you so much, Sir. It means the world to me." Ward gives her a nod, and Parker looks around the room one more time. "Where's Johnny?" Almost right after she asks this, John B bursts into the room.

"Here's Johnny!" After seeing the unamused looks on everyone else's faces, he puts his hands up defensively. "Sorry. P made me watch The Shining recently. I had to."

Parker rolls her eyes and Ward chuckles before continuing. "I'm taking John B home with me. Would you like to join us? I can take care of you." Parker glances up, looking into Sarah's hopeful eyes. She really wants to, but her brother needs her at home. She needs to be a barrier. 

John B knows what she's thinking, and he quickly jumps in. "What about every other day? I mean, JJ crashes at the Château basically every other day, or he's out at your cousin's or some girl's house." Parker thinks about it for a second before nodding in agreement.