Twenty-Two

════ ⋆★⋆ ════  

(S1 E9)

════ ⋆★⋆ ════ 

The Pogues begin to panic slightly, but Kiara is already thinking of a plan for them to get away. "Guys, we got to get to the HMS. We need small, no running lights--"

John B interrupts her, stating, "It's at the Château, Kie."

"And I wonder if the cops got the entire place staked out." JJ injects sarcastically. "Let me think. Oh, yeah. No. They definitely have that place locked down." 

Kiara sighs dejectedly. "Yeah, copy that."

Pope seems to be coming up with an idea. "Let me think. Just give me a second." He exclaims, slightly frustrated. Parker scoffs slightly, muttering, "Alright, Popeye. Chill." Finally, Pope glances at the two Maybanks.

"JJ." The boy in question looks up at his friend. "Does your guys' dad still have that boat? The cigarette boat, the Phantom. The one he used to race." JJ shrugs his shoulders, unsure, but Parker takes some more time to think about it.

"I think so, Popeye." Pope nods at his friend, explaining his idea further. "You could get right up the coast, no problem." Parker knows he's right, but she also knows that it could be a long shot.

"It won't be easy, Pope." JJ adds in, knowing just as well as his sister that it would be hard to actually get ahold of the boat. This doesn't stop Kiara from thinking out loud, trying to figure out a plan. "The surf's running from three to four." 

JJ continues to try to shut down the thought, adding, "I don't know where the keys are." Pope doesn't realize what the blonde is trying to do, so he snappily insists, "Well, find them." JJ mutters under his breath, and Parker rubs his back comfortingly. 

"why is nobody moving forward?" Pope exclaims while flailing his arms around. Parker stares at the boy, not used to him acting like this. It must be the weed that JJ had given him kicking in. 

"Can you relax?" Kiara snaps at her friend, before turning an accusatory gaze onto the Maybank boy. "JJ, how much weed did you give him?" 

Before her brother can answer, John B speaks up. "Guys. Your car's on the poster." Pope honks the horn before asking, "Can we move it?" He presses the horn a couple more times before Kiara snaps at him again. "Pope! That won't help!" 

Suddenly, the Pogues hear a boy yell, "It's that guy and girl. They're right there." Parker lets a few curses fly out of her mouth, and JJ whips around towards his high friend. "We got a snitch. Pope, turn the car on."

"We get $50,000 if we find both of them!" The boy continues to yell. Suddenly the sound of a smack echos through the car. A man is behind the car with a clear view of Parker and John B. He calls out, "Hey! They're right here!" Parker curses under her breath, thinking that this could be it.