4. "Sumire's Feelings"

"Tease about what? ", Kawaki asked appearing from the woods with Sumire beside him putting on a sad smile.

"Oh, it's just-"

"It's nothing! ", Himawari shouted cutting off Sarada while Kawaki gave her a suspicious look and put the woods down. The others also appeared from the shadows and put the woods down.

"I just want to sleep, this is such a drag. ", Shikadai yawned and sat on the ground.

"Hurry up, cook some food I'm hungry! ", Chocho squealed. Sarada set the woods on fire and put some things on it to cook.

"Oh no, he's still glaring at me. ", Inojin thought and gulped.

"Um, Sumire? Are you alright? ", Chocho asked Sumire who was staring at the fire with no expressions on her face at all.

"Huh? Oh yeah, I'm just tired... of everything. ", Sumire whispered the last part which seemed to be unheard by everyone.

"Are you sure you're okay? ", Chocho asked again with her left eyebrow raised.

"Yes. I'm sure if I'll sleep, I'll be okay. ", Sumire flashed a fake smile while everyone, except Kawaki, stared at her worriedly. Chocho transferred her gaze from Sumire to Kawaki and passed a glare at him which went unnoticed by everyone.

"Alright, eat the food and go to sleep. You don't look so well. ", Sarada said as she gave her the bowl of ramen while she ate it quietly.

Sarada delivered a bowl to everyone and they ate it in silence. Sumire got up and thanked for the food while moving towards her tent.

"Why is Kawaki being so quiet? Did something happen between these two? ", Chocho thought.

"Wah! Sarada, it was so good! ", Himawari squealed while Sarada smiled.

"Thanks. Um, Mitsuki have you gotten any news yet? ", she asked.

"No. But I'm sure I'll get it by morning. ", Mitsuki replied. The place again went silent.

"Alright. Let's go to sleep. It's already late. ", Chocho spoke and everyone got up except Kawaki. "You aren't gonna sleep? ", she asked with her left eyebrow reaching Eiffel Tower.

"No. "

"Why? "

"Have something to think about. "

"'kay. Think properly. ", Chocho said as Kawaki looked at her.

"Do you... "

"Yes. I don't know exactly what happened but I figured that something has happened. You and Sumire aren't looking well. ", she sighed and left.

"Sumire's clearly a mystery. ", Kawaki whispered as he stared at Sumire's tent.

***

"Hey, Sumire. Are you asleep? ", Chocho asked as she layed in the tent. Everyone's sharing tents; Sumire and Chocho, Sarada and Himawari, Shikadai and Inojin, Kawaki and Mitsuki.

"Hmm? Oh, not yet. ", she replied.

"Can I ask you something? "

"Ye-yeah. ", Sumire hesitated.

"What happened... between you and Kawaki? ", Chocho asked while Sumire started crying right after making Chocho worried as hell. "Sumire! Hey, don't cry. Tell me, what happened? I can help you! ", she kept asking questions while hugging her.

"You wanna ask something? ", Kawaki asked as he looked at me and the wood, which I was picking up, fell.

"Huh?! "

"You look like that you wanna ask something or say something. ", he asked as he picked up his last wood.

"Oh well, uh, I don't know if it's right asking this but... um, how do I put this? "

"Just ask! Don't piss me off! ", he yelled making my heart ache. I looked down and sighed lightly; trying to stop my tears from falling. He's always soft with Sarada, I thought.

"Well, do you like Sarada? ", I asked and looked up at him. He looked shock at my question.

"Why you ask that? ", he looked away with a tint of pink on his cheeks. Sumire, don't you dare cry in front of him! That'll just ruin things more!

"Well, you make it so obvious. ", I let out a fake chuckle. yet. my throat and chest hurts like hell.

"Oh? Is that so? "

"Do you want me to help you in this? ", what the heck am I doing?!

"Eh? You will? "

"Um, yeah. If you want. "

"It's no use. She is after that shithead. ", he rolled his eyes while I chuckled. "It's not funny! "

"Sorry. So... is that why you didn't wanted Sarada to bring Boruto back? "

"Yes. "

"You know what... I don't think Boruto's gonna come back. ", I sighed looking at the grass with a soft smile while my eyes holding pain.

"Are you okay? ", he suddenly asked making me look up. "You're crying, why? "

"Oh? I am? ", I whispered as I wiped my tears away. "Maybe I'm just too emotional about everything. ", I laughed it off while he said nothing. "Let's go back. I'll think something about you and Sarada. "

"Hmm. "

"Sumire. ", Chocho hugged Sumire who has slept with tears on her cheeks. "God, why it's always her and Sarada? "

Hope you like this chapter.

Take care!