29. "Blooming Again"

Sumire kept hugging Kawaki who was confused but hugged her back. They both were now back in the real world and the crumpled building had been automatically lifted up off them. While the people, who were injured, were healed too. They were still laying unconscious though.

"Sumire..." He whispered in her ear. "How did you-"

"Idiot." Sumire chuckled. "You scared me so much." She quickly parted away putting her hands on his face to take a proper look at him.

"Sumire." Kawaki repeated as he put his hand on Sumire's and slowly brought them close to his heart. "You- all that you said back then... did you mean it?" He had hope in his eyes as he saw Sumire go still for a moment then he saw her go beetroot red.

"You were- listening?"

"Did you mean it all?" He repeated himself, slowly leaning closer. Sumire's body stiffened while her heart was beating like a drum in her chest.

She looked everywhere but him and after a few seconds, she said, "Well... I did mean it... you-"

Kawaki cut her off by making her face him. He was so close that Sumire could feel his breath on her. Though her own breathing was stopped.

He stared in her eyes for a while untill he closed the distance between them. Sumire felt a warm breeze everywhere near her and her eyes lit up. For a moment, she didn't get what happened. But as soon as she realized, she turned red again as she kissed him back.

They both opened their eyes and smiled at each other before joining their foreheads and closing their eyes again. "I've waited so long to tell this to you." Sumire whispered.

"I'm sorry for keeping you wait." Kawaki whispered back and they both parted away with a jolt when a golden light lit up between them.

They both stared at it untill it jolted up towards the sky, making the red sky blue agian. Every single crumpled building, house and shop went back to it's normal position. The particles of moon gathered together and went back to the space.

Every person around stared at Sumire and Kawaki as the light came out of them, fixing everything.

***

"S-Sarada?!" Chocho exclaimed when she saw the golden light surrounding her. Boruto snapped his head towards Sarada and saw her eyes moving.

He immediately rubbed her hands while Chocho rubbed her feet. "Boruto..." Sarada whispered in pain.

"Yes- yes, I'm right here." Boruto's tears weren't stopping. He thought he'd lost her. But maybe nature had other plans. "I'm- I'm taking you to hospital." He carried her in his arms and rushed to the hospital while everyone else followed them. "Stay with me."

***

Two days later, Himawari and Inojin were given the duties of escorting the lost to their homes.

Chocho and Mitsuki were helping to find people who weren't able to recover properly by the golden light- they were taking such people to the hospital.

Team Shinki had arrived for helping the Konoha. Shinki and Araya is working with Konohamaru and Naruto while Yodo and Shikadai are taking a tour of the village to know the needs of people.

Hinata is babysitting Hiroshi as Sakura is busy in hospital work while Sasuke is still in the ICU.

Kawaki and Sumire also stay in hospital as they've been injured pretty bad too.

While Boruto stays in the room where Sarada is being treated, just staring at her and hoping that she would be fine soon.

Just like now, Boruto was sitting near her bed while holding her hand and staring at her. "Himawari and Inojin brought flowers for you, Sarada. Your favorite ones." He whispered.

On the window, the cherry blossoms bloomed.

***

Somewhere, two souls stared at the Konoha, holding hands. "I'm sorry for everything I did, Akari." The boy spoke.

"I forgive you." Akari whispered in her soft voice. "And about Sarada, she'll be healed soon. She's going to become Hokage after all."

"Stay blessed, Sumire, Kawaki and everyone."

Hope you like this chapter.

Tace care!