30. "I'm So Proud Of You."

ONE MONTH LATER

Sarada's heart was beating faster than it had ever before. She was all sweaty and nervous. While Boruto just sat there on the couch and stared at her. He looked so done with it.

"Calm down, Sarada. It's been a whole week you're like this." He whined. "You should be happy."

"I am happy!" She said quickly. "Just nervous."

"More like a mess." Boruto saud truthfully. "Do you have any idea how much things you've broke while walking around like that?" He asked folding his arms on his chest.

"I have?!"

"Yes. Let me tell you- three vases, five glasses, a plate and two cups." Sarada felt her eyes widen at that. "Not to mention, your toes twice. When you hit the table."

"Uh, yeah. I know. That hurt." Sarada whispered as she wrinkled her nose. "But still!" She now had a huge grin on her face and she held Boruto by his arms and made him stand and she jumped up and down excitedly.

"Calm down, calm down-"

"I still can't believe it! I'm going to become hokage!"

"Of course, you're going to. You saved the whole earth back then." He had a soft smile on his face that suddenly vanished and his eye brows were now meeting. "Never push yourself too much, ever again."

"Don't worry. Nothing happened to me." Sarada had now calmed down and was staring back in his eyes.

"You have no idea how scared I was." He whispered and it was clear on his face how scared he still was. Sacred of never seeing her again. Scared of never hearing her voice again. Scared of losing her. Forever.

"I'm sorry." She had tears in her eyes when she saw how much he truly loved her. It was clear in his eyes. She smiled at him softly before standing at her toes and placing a small kiss on his lips which totally tool him off guard. She grinned with her cheeks going visibly pink. "But I'm alright-"

Sarada was cut off by Boruto placing his lips on hers. He held her closer by putting his hand on her waist and the other behind her head. While Sarada gladly returned the kiss.

"I'm... home... " Hinata went beetroot red when she saw them like that. She quickly covered her face as it wasn't the first time she had interrupted them and she feels guilty for that.

Boruto and Sarada were now standing as far as they could. Sarada was standing near the dining table while Boruto was now in the garden.

"I'm so sorry!"

***

It was evening when Sarada returned home. She took off her shoes and went straight to the kitchen. She hugged Sakura and kissed on her cheek.

"Mama, I've told you to not to work. You're getting old."

"We didn't plan on starving tonight." Sasuke spoke as he came in view on his wheel chair. The injury that he got that day was so serious that it unabled him to walk for the rest of his life.

Sarada ran to him and hugged him too with a kiss on his cheek. "I'm sorry, papa. But Himawari, Chocho and Sumire weren't letting me go." She chuckled.

Sarada went to Sakura when she heard her caugh and forcefully made her sit on the dining table. "You both should sit here. I'll do the rest."

Sarada first helped Sasuke fix his wheel chair and called Hiroshi from his room then focused on cooking.

"It smells so good!" Hiroshi exclaimed as he entered the room and stood beside Sarada watching her cook.

"C'mon Hiroshi, help your sister place the dishes." Sasuke spoke. Even his voice sounded weaker.

Hiroshi grinned and happily placed the dishes. The cooking was done and the whole family ate happily.

***

The Sunshine Family was also full of laughters as usual. "-and then Inojin fell into the mud!" Himawari completed the story that she was telling and then another bunch of laughter was heard.

"Oh! Everyone, wanna know what I found today?" Hinata started as she smirked at Boruto who immediately went red.

Kawaki put the meat in his mouth and said, "You probably found Boruto and Sarada kissing again." He opened his one eye and looked at Boruto who was glaring at him but still was as red as a tomato. "It happens quiet a lot, right?" He smirked.

"Shut up!"

"Here we go again..."

***

There was a huge crowd, waiting to see their new hokage. Sarada stepped forward with a cape and hat on her head. The cape said, "The Ninth Hokage" and the whole crowd cheered.

Hiroshi took Sarada's pic when she was grinned brightly while Sakura kept crying happy tears.

Sasuke was staring at his daughter with his heart at ease and full of gladness. He felt his eyes getting heavy and he looked around.

"Sakura, Hiroshi, Naruto... everyone..." He looked back at Sarada and took in her smiling image. "Sarada."

"My cute little peanut..." He smiled as he closed his eyes. "I'm so proud of you."

Hope you like this chapter.

Take care!