17. "The Akuma She Used To Know"

The picture above represents brother and sister... ALRIGHT?!

Only a brother can understand what his sister is going through. No one can understand his sister better than him. A brother is the one who'll give up anything for his sister. He's the only one who'll protect her with his life.

A sister is the only one who can make her brother cry but would kill the person who hurts him. She'll do anything for him. She may be the one who slaps him all the time, irritates him all the time but she would never tolerate if someone else does that to him.

"I'm sorry, Akuma. " Zaki cried as she stood in the clouds with a bleeding Akuma in front of her. The place was filled with pinkish white clouds. "I'm really sorry. " Tears leaked out of her eyes uncontrollably while Akuma just stared at her.

"Zaki. " Akuma whispered as some tears escaped his eyes.

"I know I'm the worst. I know I don't deserve anything! I know- I know I made you sad, Akuma. I'm sorry, I'm really very sorry. " She gasped and fell on her knees while hugging herself.

Akuma sat down as well and patted her head making her look up at him. "Don't worry about it, Zaki. I ain't mad at ya. " He smiled softly and wiped her tears.

"Akuma! " She hugged him tightly and cried in his chest. Akuma fell backwards and smiled again seeing her. He hugged her back and cressed her hair. "Hey... you're not gonna fight Boruto, are you? " She asked which made Akuma's hands stop.

"Akh! " Escaped Akuma's mouth as he got hit by Sarada and Chocho at the same time, breaking his ribs.

"You must not fight him. " Zaki whispered.

Akuma choked blood and fell on his knees. Kawaki punched him on the face while Boruto kicked him on the stomach.

"They're good people. Please don't fight them. "

"Everyone! Stop! " Naruto shouted making everyone freeze on their tracks. "Why is he not fighting? " That made Boruto realize and a small smile krept on his face.

"I'm waiting for you, Akuma. "

Boruto bent down to Akuma's level and gave some of his chakra to Akuma so he could not feel the pain and rest in peace. "She's waiting for you, Akuma. " He added as he closed Akuma's eyes and made him lay on the grass.

Yes, Zaki is dead. But Boruto can still feel what she's feeling. Of course, it's been four years.

Zaki stood up as she saw a white light around Akuma. The light was bright enough to make her eyes shut. She opened her eyes and saw the old Akuma.

The Akuma she used to know.

Her eyes became a waterfall again knowing that he also died and is with her now, forever

Her eyes became a waterfall again knowing that he also died and is with her now, forever. She covered her mouth with her hands while Akuma slowly opened his eyes.

"Zaki... " He whispered and Zaki threw herself on him. "It still hurts, Zaki. " He chuckled, referring to his wounds.

"Sorry. " She pulled away and grinned.

"Let's go home. "

Hope you like this chapter.

Take care!