12. "He Wanted Her"

"You know you should've agreed to this from the starting. " Zaki chuckled as she put some powder like thing around Boruto who was tied with ropes.

"Free Sarada's soul first! " Boruto yelled.

"Be patient! I will surely do it... but after I take your soul. " Zaki smirked.

"Do you think I believe you?! Free her! " Zaki looked at him maniacally and smirked.

"First your soul. " She lifted her hands causing a huge fire to appear at the place where she put the powder.

"Not so easily kid! " Sarada yelled as made Zaki fall on the ground and sat on her pointing her kunai at Zaki.

Mitsuki made his way to Boruto and untied him.

"Sarada! Don't harm her! " Boruto shouted but it didn't effect Sarada in any way. She kept glaring daggers at her. For some reason, she was feeling a sharp pain in her back but she ignored it.

"Boruto. " Mitsuki called. Boruto looked at him and was shocked to see Mitsuki cry. "Why did you do all that? " he asked while Boruto looked away.

"Mitsuki. I'll explain it all later. First we have to make sure Zaki don't get hurt. "

"Boruto! Use your brain! She is the one behind all this! " Mitsuki scolded.

"I know Mitsuki! If we hurt Zaki, Sarada will get hurt! We have to stop Sarada from killing her! " Mitsuki's eyes widened. He immediately looked at Sarada who was so close to stabbing Zaki's heart. Boruto jumped from his place and stopped her by holding her hand.

Sarada looked at him; angry. Because he had been hiding a lot of things. Because he was suffering alone. Because she was accusing him. Because she was his friend and was supposed to support him when he needed it the most but never did.

Sarada's eyes held tears. Her chest was hurting. Her throat was feeling sore. She wanted to cry her eyes out. She wanted to kill herself for not being a good friend.

Meanwhile, Boruto was worried. Because Sarada was nearly going to kill Zaki which will kil Sarada too as Zaki is possessing Sarada's soul. He still remembers his promise he made to Sarada. "When you become Hokage, I'll be your right hand and protect you. "

He held back his tears as well. He wanted to hug Sarada and tell her hohow much he loved her. He wanted to yell at himself for not being able to be with Sarada when she needed it the most.

He hates himself.

She hates herself.

"Sarada. " Boruto finally spoke. "Let me explain. " He added. Sarada loosened her grip on the kunai and let her tears fall out. Boruto's heart aches seeing her like this. He wanted to kill himself for making her cry.

"You're the worst, you know! You should've told me about this! I would've- helped you! " She cried. Boruto threw the kunai and hugged her tightly. His tears fell out.

"I'm sorry. I'm really sorry. " He whispered with his face in her hair. Sarada looked up at him and wiped her tears.

"Why are you saying sorry? I should be the one saying sorry. " Her tears still flooded. "I'm so sorry. I-I would've known that you're doing all this for a reason. " She again wiped her tears while Boruto just stared at her. Wondering that how can someone look so beautiful when they're crying? Her hair was on her face while her face was puffy.

Boruto wiped her tears and rested his hand on her cheek. Sarada stared at him with her vision blurry due to crying. But it got even more blurry when her spectacles were removed by Boruto. She tried to process what was happening untill she felt his lips on hers.

Her breath hitched while her eyes widened. She felt dizzy and felt like she was going to faint.

Boruto pulled apart and smiled at her. The genuine smile Sarada didn't even know she was dying to see.

Boruto chuckled as he saw Sarada froze on her place with her skin colour redder than her glasses.

"I was dying to do this, ya' know. " Boruto whispered loud enough for her to hear. She got even redder making Boruto chuckle.

"B-baka! " She hid her face in her hands while Boruto forgot everything that was happening around him. He wanted this moment to stop. He wanted to hold her in his arms forever. He wanted to be by her side forever. He wanted to protect her for the rest of his life.

He wanted her to be with him forever.

Hope you like this chapter.

Take care!