25. "Old Days Were Fun"

Himawari peeked inside Kawaki's room and saw Sumire sitting beside his bed, holding his hand. Himawari's eyes filled up with tears as she closed the door and sighed heavily.

It's been two weeks and Kawaki still hadn't woken up. Sumire had not recovered fully. But she doesn't eat too much and doesn't go back to her house, instead, she just sits there holding Kawaki's hand all the time.

"She'll get sick if she continues that." Himawari said to herself. She also tried a lot of times to convince Sumire to eat a bit more and have hopes but all in vain.

Doctors say they have no idea how long it will take for Kawaki to wake up. Meanwhile Boruto, Shikadai, Inojin and Mitsuki are working to find Osamu.

Chocho's job nowadays is to cook or buy food and give it to Sumire at the hospital. She also asks people for Osamu, just in case she finds a minor detail about him and helps Sakura to take care of Hiroshi too.

Himawari stays at the hospital to keep an eye on Sumire. While Sarada had been called by Konohamaru because they've detected some problem that is related to Osamu.

"Have hopes. That airhead will be up soon." Himawari nearly fell because of the sudden voice. She put her hand on her chest and glared at Inojin who was leaning his back on the wall with his arms crossed. He grinned and Himawari looked down.

"I know... but seeing them both in this condition makes my heart ache." She quickly wiped the tear that escaped her eyes and took a deap breathe. "I just want everyone to be happy. Why is it so hard?" The tears refused to stop. She turned her face to the wall so that no one can see her crying.

Inojin sighed and grabbed her hand making her look at him. He wiped her tears and said, "Let me lift up your mood." then dragged her somewhere.

***

"What do you mean the moon will hit the earth?!" Sarada yelled with Shikadai standing beside her, looking equaly as shocked as she was.

"It's getting bigger and bigger. We sense a chakra that is pulling it towards the earth." Konohamaru replied. "The chakra is of Osamu. We need to find him as soon as we can. Or the world will be finished." He added.

Everyone did notice that the moon was getting bigger but who would've thought that it was the sign of the world coming to an end?

"Sarada, ask Inojin to get into Kawaki's and Sumire's memory and tell where Osamu went." Shikadai suggested and Sarada nodded.

"On it." She ran.

***

"Where did you even get all these pictures from?" Himawari asked in awe as she looked through the album that Inojin handed her.

The album included the pictures of their academy class and Himawari's too. It included Boruto's and Sarada's fights, the time when Iwabe pushed Boruto towards Sarada and they nearly kissed, the time when Boruto was teaching Iwabe, the time when they met their teachers, the time when Inojin got his first mission, the chunin exams, he even caught Sarada smiling at Boruto's and Mitsuki's congratulations.

There was a pic of Shikadai and Yodo when Shikadai was giving her a tour of the village. He seemed flustered.

A pic had Himawari making a flower crown and giving it to Inojin. Another pic included the scene when her painting flew away and Inojin gave everything to bring it back. One had Himawari tying Inojin's hair into two pony tails.

"Old days were fun." Himawari whispered as she stared at a pic that had all of them when they were babies. Boruto was pulling Sarada's hair while she was crying. Inojin was annoying Shikadai who was just staring at Temari, clearly asking for help. While Himawari was in Hinata's lap, sleeping. Sakura, Ino and Temari were staring and laughing at their children. At the corner, Sasuke was glaring at Boruto and Naruto was trying to calm him down.