8. "Disappearance of Sumire"

"You were right, Naruto. ", Gaara spoke as he handed Naruto a bunch of papers. "The Princess has taken place in the world and has already started her work. ", he added while Naruto, with dark circles under his eyes, sighed heavily.

"Say Gaara, do you think Boruto is betraying the village because of this? ", Naruto asked, tears developing in his eyes. "Or he's not betraying the village at all? "

"Possilbe. Maybe Boruto is taking all the burden on his shoulders to keep the world safe. ", Gaara answered while Naruto's tears escaped his eyes. He sure is feeling guilty for not being there for his son when he needed it the most. But he is still not sure why did Boruto killed Sakura and Sasuke. His heart is feeling heavy, his throat is hurting while his eyes are burning.

"Boruto, forgive me. ", he whispered under his breath.

***

"Boruto! That bitch is calling you. ", the girl, the Princess, Zaki, spoke with an eye roll and sat near the fire eating her bread.

"Don't call her a bitch. ", Boruto glared at her as he forwarded his hand and Zaki touched it. He took his steps towards the wall, where the old woman was and touched his hand on the wall. The hand where Zaki touched.

The wall opened revealing the same burnt forest. He sighed heavily and went inside. The woman looked at him with tears in her eyes filling Boruto's eyes as well. He approached her and sat on his knees.

"I'm really sorry... for everything. ", Boruto whispered making the woman's tears fall out like a waterfall. Her emerald eyes seemed to be holding a lot of emotions in them; sadness, worry, regret, care and what not?

"Boruto, please don't say sorry. It's my fault that you're-", she sobbed heavily. "-that you're in this state. It's all my fault. If and only if I was a little more careful back then. ", she added making Boruto's tears escape as well.

"Aunt... please don't blame yourself. I promise I'll be freeing you from this pain very soon. You'll be going back to your daughter soon. ", Boruto said wiping the woman's tears. "And him as well. ", he added looking at the man at a distance, tied with a rope, unconscious.

"Boruto, please. Don't risk your life for us. Let her kill us and please go back to the village. Please. ", the woman begged.

"Aunt, the one who'll be going to the village is you and him. not me. ", Boruto smiled warmly. The smile someone once admired. "You'll get your daughter back. ", he added and stood up. "Just a little time more. Then you'll get your freedom back. ", and left while the woman kept crying.

***

"Chocho, please wake Sumire up. We'll be leaving soon. ", Sarada ordered as she packed her tent with Himawari.

"Huh? She's not awake yet? ", Chocho asked with confusion shining on her face.

"No... ", Sarada replied with the same expressions.

"But she wasn't in the tent when I woke up. ", Chocho said and stood up quickly, making the logs in her hands, fall.

"What? ", Kawaki spoke worriedly, his heart pounding in his chest hard.

"Let me check again. ", Chocho ran to the tent and came back with scared expressions. "She's not in there! "

"Then where is she?! I've been awake before the sun rise but she was nowhere to be seen! ", Sarada spoke.

"Oh no. That's bad. ", Himawari panicked.

"Mitsuki, your snakes? ", Sarada asked.

"Sure. ", he nodded while Chocho gave him the pillow Sumire slept on. The snakes smelt the pillow... but they never went anywhere. "What? ", Mitsuki whispered, shock clear in his voice.

"What happened? "

"They say that it's the same cave the girl's inside. ", he replied woth sweat forming on his forehead.

"Everyone. No break now. We have to keep going day and night. ", Kawaki ordered and started to run.

"Inojin, you'll draw the way to the cave as we keep going. The map will be useful, I think. ", Sarada ordered.

"Right! "

"Oh Sumire, I hope you're fine. ", thought Kawaki.

***

Sumire opened her eyes slowly, her vision blury while her head throbbing hard. She looked here and there and felt ropes on her hands, tied behind her back. She tried to free herself untill her eyes widened at realization; the forest... is burnt.

Sweat formed on her forehead as she felt someone breath on her neck. "Who are you?! ", she asked with strictness in her voice. Of course, she can't let the enemy know that she's nervous.

The person... a girl, giggled. "From her voice... she seems a child. ", Sumire thought to herself.

"Hello there, Sarada. ", the girl's cute voice turned into the evils soon. "Now that you're here... I'll be introducing you to your beloved. ", the girl came at front revealing her brunette shoulder length hair and emerald eyes. By her height, she seemed like a five year old.

"Why is she calling me Sarada? ", Sumire asked herself. "Was she going to kidnap Sarada? But kidnapped me by mistake? "

"Oh, c'mon! Don't be shy! Just wait, I'll bring your beloved to you. ", the girl giggled.

"Who are you? ", Sumire asked with her eyes showing knifes in them.

"You won't let go of that question, would you? ", the girl sighed but then chuckled. "It's Zaki. Nice to meet you. ", she added and left.

"Zaki? Have I heard this name before? Where? ", Sumire asked herself. "And Sarada's beloved? Did she mean Boruto by that? ", her eyes widened. "No, it can't be! She can not be the girl Mitsuki talked about! "

Hope you like this chapter.

Take care!