26. "We Believe In You"

"We have to kill Kawaki"

"What?!"

"How can you say that?!" Boruto yelled as he held Konohamaru by his collar and glared at him. Konohamaru stayed calm.

"We've got no other choice, Boruto." He replied. "Osamu is controlling Kawaki's body, not allowing him to wake up. If that continues, Osamu will keep pulling the moon and it will hit the earth." He added.

"We will not let that happen!" Sarada declared as she stood in front of Kawaki's bed, others lining up while Sumire just stared at Kawaki's hand.

"Try to understand, kids. If you plan on saving one life, you'll lose millions." Gaara said appearing out of nowhere along with Naruto who looked weak. Gaara freed Konohamaru from Boruto's grip.

Naruto had bags around his eyes once again with the shine gone. He already made a mistake of losing his child once, he can't go through it once again. He is so done with all this.

"We cannot lose Kawaki either!" Mitsuki frowned. "Lord Eighth, give us some time. We will figure something out."

"Y'all aren't understanding! The time you need is the only thing we don't have!" Konohamaru yelled this time. "Everyone on the earth will die if you all continue to act like that!"

"Lord Eighth-" Everyone heard Sumire's broken voice as they looked at her and saw her stand. "-I have something in my mind to get rid of this disaster."

***

Inojin found himself standing in a dark place once again. "Osamu!" He called out. "Osamu, come out- we gotta talk!" He saw a figure coming out of the shadows.

"We got guests here, I see." It was Osamu's voice.

Inojin gritted his teeth and glared at him. "Why are you doing all this?"

"Doing what?"

"You know what I'm talking about! Don't play dumb!" Inojin yelled.

"I want this world to end, it's obvious."

"And what will you even get by that?! If the world ends, everyone will die. If Kawaki die, you die too-" Inojin was cut off by Osamu.

"Do you think I'm playing without a plan?" Inojin could hear the smirk in his voice as he said that. "I've put my shield around three people that includes Kawaki and Sumire too, they won't be dying as long as that sheild remains intact."

"What will you even get by putting the world to its end?!" Inojin repeated and saw Osamu's figure rubbing his ear.

"You're too damn loud."

"Answer me!"

"Tch. Alright, let's turn the question around- do you really think this world is worth living in?" Osamu asked. "All this world holds is pain, betrayal and disloyalty." Inojin heard the pain in his voice.

"What are you trying to say? Be clear!"

"I will end this world and start a new one- where me and Sumire can live in peace, where no one will come between us! After this world ends, I will get out of Kawaki and will kill him, then me and Sumire can live together happily-"

"Do you think Sumire would be happy with that?! You say you love her but, tell me, could that really be called love?! Love is not about forcing the other person to live with you-"

"Stop with this shit already." Osamu spoke. "I'm not here to hear your shit. I've already made up my mind, I won't change it." And with that, it was dark again.

***

"Don't panic! It's gonna be alright!" Chocho yelled as she gathered as many people as she could at a place where Konohamaru had ordered.