27. "I Was Weak"

Open the picture above.

I will bring you back, Akari.

A girl layed lifeless in an old house with a boy sitting beside her. The girl had blood coming out of her chest with her head injured badly. She stared at the boy with a painful smile on her lips while he cried.

"It's gonna be alright..." The girl whispered. "Don't cry." She added, though she was crying herself. The house was cold and numb. There was no sound except for their sobs.

I will make you inherit Sumire's soul. You can live a healthy life like that. I promise to bring you back, Akari.

I promise.
___

A little boy, about six years old, walked in between people, receiving disgusted looks from them. The boy kept his head down as he tried to ignore the whispers.

"Look.", "It's the boy who killed his parents.", "Yeah.", " Shame on him.", "His parents did everything for him, but he killed them.", "He does not deserve love."
___

It was nearly morning and the boy, who was now fifteen, was sitting on a cliff, under a tree. He sat there, crying to himself as there was no one around. His stomach growled and his leg ached with pain as he was hit by an arrow.

"Hey," The boy heard a voice. "why are you crying?" He looked up to find a girl with brown hair staring at him. The boy panicked as he tried to back away but it was of no use as it was the tree behind him.

The girl chuckled. "Don't be scared." She spoke. "I don't bite." The boy stared back at her as he noticed how beautiful she was. He saw her eyes sparkle as the sun rose behind her.

He saw the girl's eyes fall on his leg. "Oh no..." She whispered. "How did this happen?" She quickly sat in front of him and took a look at his leg while he just stared at her. "You were hit by an arrow?!" The girl immediately tore her dress and wrapped it around his wound making him wince in pain. "Sorry."

"Do you... not know who I am?" The boy asked. The girl tied a knot and then smiled at him.

Her chocolate brown eyes...

"I do."
___

"My name's Akari, what's yours?"

Her melodic voice...

"Osamu..."
___

"Get lost, you jerks!" Akari yelled at the boys who were throwing rocks at Osamu. "Don't you dare hurt him!" She added as she threw paper bomb at them.

The boys ran away shouting, "He's a monster!", "You better stay away from him!"

She ran towards Osamu who was sitting in a small pond with dirt all over him. She wiped his face with a napkin as she cursed those boys while Osamu just sat there.

"I didn't kill my parents..." He whispered.

"I know."

"They were the ones torturing me..."

"I know, Osamu."

"It was an intruder who killed them. It wasn't me."

"Shh..." She wiped his tears and hugged him. "I know, Osamu. I know." She added rubbing his back while he just sobbed on her shoulder.
___

Akari gave Osamu the rice that she made as she sat beside him with her feet hanging from the cliff as they watched the beautiful sun set.

"It's delicious." Osamu whispered making Akari snap her head towards him. He never says anything unless Akari starts the conversation. "What?" He asked as he noticed her expressions.

"Thankyou!" Akari hugged him tightly as he just stared at her brown hair. After a while, he hugged her back making her cry even more.

"Why are you crying?" He asked in his plain tone.

"It's nothing..." Akari sniffed as she broke the hug and wiped her tears. "The rice are just so delicious that it brought tears in my eyes."

"That doesn't make any sense."
___

"Oi, Akari!" Osamu called out as he tossed a small box at her which she catched but threw the clothes that she just washed.

"Hey!" She glared at him.

"That's for you."

"But why?"

Osamu smirked as he rolled his eyes and said, "It's your birthday idiot."

She quickly opened the box and saw a beautiful pair of small earrings that perfectly matched her chocolate brown eyes and hair. Her eyes sparkled as she looked at him.

"That's beautiful!" She hugged him tightly and then kissed on his cheek. "Thank you so much! It's gorgeous- Osamu?" But he turned around his head so she won't see his beetroot red face. It was no use though, because she could still see his red ears. "What happened?" She teased.

"Nothing!"
___

Osamu and Akari watched the fireworks as they stood near each other while holding hands. "That's so beautiful!" Akari whispered in awe.

But when the sky was filled with such wonderful things, he was busy staring at her. "Yes. Yes, it is."
___

"What are you going to do, eh?"

Osamu gritted his teeth as he glared at the guys who held Akari hostage. The guys seemed big and strong, there was no way Osamu was going to win.

"Osamu! Run!" Akari yelled but the guy put his hand on her mouth roughly receiving a sharp glare from her.

"Are you out of your mind?! I'm not going to run away without saving you-" He was cut off by a guy kicking his stomach hard.

"Shut up!" The guy spat and punched Osamu on his face. The other guys left Akari and went to Osamu, punching ans kicking him again and again.

She was the one who always saved me. But I...

"Stop it!" Akari tried to run to him but her ankle was twisted.

After a while, they guys were gone and Osamu was laying there in his blood while Akari was crying near him. "You're an idiot!" She scolded. "When I told you to run away, you should've ran!"

"And left you there alone?" Osamu whispered. "I guess not." He wiped her tears and smiled at her.

"Idiot." She sobbed as she kissed him while he just closed his eyes, cressing her hair.

They pulled back at stared in each other's eyes. "I love you, Akari."
___

Akari layed lifeless in an old house with Osamu sitting beside her. She had blood coming out of her chest with her head injured badly. She stared at Osamu with a painful smile on her lips while he cried.

"It's gonna be alright..." She whispered. "Don't cry." She added, though she was crying herself. The house was cold and numb. There was no sound except for their sobs.

"I'm sorry..."

She was killed by some intruders and Osamu couldn't do anything.

She was the one who always saved me. But I... I could never save her. I was weak. I couldn't save the only person I loved.

Hope you like this chapter.

Take care!