Chapter I

°•. ❃ .•°
̶̶̶̶  «̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ «̶ ̶̶̶  The Great Mother's Gift  ̶ ̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ »̶ ̶̶̶  

≪ °❈° ≫

Eywa gifted Neteyam from her love to the people. A healthy babyboy, hands full fingers and a tail strongly around another pair of ankles. The clan watched in awe and adoration the parents separate the two small creatures. Two pair of the same glistering big yellow eyes met those of many more.

Jake held his firstborn daughter high but secure, showing her off with pride as did Neytiri with an almost identical copy. "At'anau"

The whole clan met the eyes of the child, head full of hair, as if it were their own.

"At'anau!"

The love Eywa put in gifting the kids was reciprocated within the second. Gratitude from the parents themselves enough to gift Eywa with many more.

The tree of souls beamed from above them, lights reflecting on the eyes holding brand new life. The small boy's hands grasped up trying to hold the little light raining down on him from above.

"Neteyam" Neytiri announced in euphoria, the clan rejoiced

"Neteyam!"

Mo'at held her daughter before accepting both her firstborn grandchildren in her arms. She looked down at both kids holding up 4 fingers on each hand, their unique dark markings on their entire body identical until the last stripe from each other and bioluminescent dots on their face blinking in sync like the stars in the sky. They were so pure, innocent and loving. The future of the people as they call it.

As part of the ritual it was only right to introduce Eywa the kids she gave them. Both parents guided their kids' queue towards a branch of the tree as the clan sung for them. Both kids' pupils dilated with drool on Jake's hand as At'anau was seeing her future pass though her small brain.

It only took until they knew how to crawl before the two kids noticed the looks they shared. Neteyam will forever have a scar on his forehead from a wild battle he won't tell anyone he has from his sister trying to scratch a speck from his face as she was getting sick of their father mixing them up.

At'anau and Neteyam couldn't speak yet, but had made it clear they understood each other. they were bound at the ankle, as their hips were too wide for the span of each other's tail.

The kids were calm, almost too perfect. truly what parents would want a hundred off. Neteyam a born warrior ready to learn everything from his father in order to rule the clan in the future. At'anau, a born teacher, ready to stand by her brother as long as he stood by her.

Did they fight? ofcourse, many murders were attempted. tails stretched out to trip and in the night choke if Jake wouldn't step in.

Trick children is what the clan called them as they both succeeded in tricking everyone into getting children as easy as them. Until they did and they turn out to need actual parenting.

Kiri and Lo'ak joined soon after the twins turned two years old and they loved each other unconditionally. baths were shared, hugs were given and braids were tugged.

"I hate you!"

"I hate you times infinity Lo'ak, Penisface!"

"hey!"

"wah!" a machete cut down the middle of the little leaf painted Toruk Ikran both kids were tugging at. "At'a-! where'd she get that!"

The father chased her daughter who had held a knife almost the size of her body and neytiri caught her the moment she tried passing her mother.

At dinner time Neteyam and At'anau would hunt with their father.

"Dad look!" Neteyam held the impaled fish high for his father to see. "It was by the rocks, like you said." Proud of his son for succeeding listening to him and executing it perfectly he congratulated him and turned towards his oldest daughter.

"Atan how is it going over there?"

The little girl who had let herself go between the rocks climbed up toward her father and reached for his hand once she stood next him.

facing his palm upward she brought it to her mouth, spitting the semi-living animals in his receiving hand. Saliva strings detached she proudly pointed to the rocks she sat between "current between rocks," she wiped her mouth with her wrist "like you said."

At'anua looked at her brother as she succeeded in making him laugh and giggled herself as their father was still in awe of what he created.

Right before bed time At'anau would help mother with all three kids' hair and attempt doing his father's while he told them all sorts of stories of the time before they were born.

"When I first met your father, I tried to kill him"

The kids were all laying in one hammock entangled with their parents as their mother spoke about their love story.

"It was love at first sight." The kids laughed at his father and the oldest girl grabbed her mother closer to her, knowing this was just a way with words to win her over again.

All the kids would sleep separately, but for the twins. It only took the sight of a back for one of the other to crawl inside the other's space.

Looking down at the identical kids, Jake took this as the opportunity to study his firstborns to their last birthmark. At'anau had been noticeably more active with her tail since birth causing it to be in a different shape than her brother's, this being the only thing Jake could visually separate the two from was something he didn't always liked to admit.

The two seemed to have a connection different than the other siblings. All of them loved each other unconditionally eventually, but these two seemed to be unable to breathe without knowing the location of the other.

Jake smiled to himself as memories with Tommy unlocked from an old dusty box in his head and he unlatched Neteyam's foot from At'anau's tail just for him to hold onto hers immediately instead.

≪ °❈° ≫

tysm for choosing my story to read :)

This story will follow the movie and hint a lot towards female rage; if there are decisions the characters make you do not agree with please keep in mind this is a work of fiction :)

Romance will be slow burn and the second main priority of the story.

I know I've already written a little about who At'anau is, but would you like to guess what kind of character she is going to have in this story?

(after futuristic events it will change due to...reasons)

anyways I'm all over the place. Enjoy!