Chapter XXXXXI

°•. ❃ .•°

̶̶̶̶  «̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ «̶ ̶̶̶    Face to Faced    ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ »̶ ̶̶̶  

≪ °❈° ≫

Neteyam was quick, but At'anau could keep him just in her sight as he reached Lo'ak.

At'anau sped up to both of them and noticed the Ilu in the waters fully clothed.

When she made it to the two she could still make out Lo'ak's desperate words. "I have to warn Payakan about the pingers." And before Neteyam could refuse the girl intervened, standing next to the twin's side "You're not going out there, not now."

Lo'ak watched the sister who mended herself in the conversation and took in her rigid form and could almost say she was nervous.

"So come with me." He told the sister who had already joined her before, but he grew conflicted by the way she looked reluctant at his request.

"No," Neteyam answered for the girl "you've got to keep your skxawng ass here." he butted stepping closer to the boy and putting the dubious sister behind him.

"He's outcast," Lo'ak grew defensive "there's nobody to warn him but me."

"bro," Neteyam squirmed, putting a hand on the smaller kids head "Why'd you always have to make things so hard." But the boy didn't take it lightheartedly like he always did "no," he nudged the arm away "you mean why can't I be the perfect son like you,"

"Lo'ak" the girl moved from behind the brother's shoulder as Neteyam scoffed and backed up, nodding his head at the kid's irrational words, but the boy had turned to the girl as well as she had dropped him when he asked for her help in his eyes "their perfect little soldiers." the boy missed how the girl's eyes twitched at his targeting.

"well, I'm not you!" Lo'ak raised his voice at his older brother, but his ears twitched down agitated as Neteyam was held back from stepping even closer to the boy by the girl's arm.

"I'm not you," he lowered his voice, upset "he's my brother," Lo'ak's voice broke "I'm going."

"oh, he's you brother?" Neteyam trudged to the boy who thought he was leaving and he grabbed his shoulder, turning him around forcefully "no, I'm your brother." he pointed at his chest.

"Lo'ak!" the girl turned to the sound of Tsireya's voice and missed the youngest hit away the brother's hand before she caught him jumping in the waters.

Tsireya and the two other boys dismounted their Ilu as they jumped back on the surface, but Neteyam immediately ordered them to get back in.

"Lo'ak!" 

"Come on," he hit Ao'nung on the chest as he was late to piecing the situation together "he's going to find Payakan!" Tsireya was already after the boy followed by Rotxo and Neteyam.

Ao'nung had called his ilu back before he looked at the last person on land.

At'anau stood back, unclenching her fists before digging her nails back into her palms as she looked back at the island before at the sea were there awaited the danger while she hesitated whether to go to her parents or after the brother.

Fear glued her feet on the rubbery mats as he looked at the boy who held out his hand expectantly.

She released the anxious air in her lungs getting back to her senses and realising it was her brother going towards the danger awaiting them in the water. And unlike back on the battle ground in the forest, she wasn't going to stay back and let her siblings go to the field while she stayed in the air consciously.