Chapter IX

°•. ❃ .•°
̶̶̶̶  «̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ «̶ ̶̶̶  One And The Other    ̶ ̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ »̶ ̶̶̶  

≪ °❈° ≫

Lo'ak and Neteyam walked their sister out of the infirmary home from her grandmother's healing hands and walked back with her toward their home where all siblings sat outside of the tent listening to what their parents were discussing about. 

Kiri signalled for them to come to them fast but quietly as Tuk peaked under the fabric inside where both parents where in a heated discussion. 

The three oldest sat down on the rocks and kept their ears up. 

Tuk watched her mother Look at her father "You can not ask this," the woman shook her head before moving things through their homeground. 

"this is our family, This is our home." Her tailed wove from side to side in distress and both kids stayed quiet yet to know about what exactly it was the two adults had been talking about.

"This is our family, This is about our little ones." Tuk looked at the father trying to make the woman who still hadn't met his eyes understand, but as their youngest son she was stubborn and dedicated.

"I can not. You can not ask this." It was obvious in her voice she was trying to stay calm and use as less words to explain the obvious. "I cannot leave my people," She defied  "I will not." 

The kids stayed put, immersed in the conversation and tying to make a scenario out of it. 

"He's hunting us." Jake tried "He's targeting our family." He tried to reason, affronting his partner whose ears turned flat against her head, teeth bared at him with wide cunning eyes.

"You can not ask this!" She raised her voice  

"The children, everything they've ever know, the forest. This is our home!" desperation loud in her cries and beg to understand, stepping closer to him. 

"he had our children," The father lowered his wavering voice "he had them under his knife, he shot at them, he nearly had one!" Disgust and dread in the air as he looked down at the woman who turned quiet, feeling the same panic as potential scenarios clouded her mind. 

She loved her people, the forest, the way her kids were raised, it was too hard for her to comprehend continuing just like that, will be life threatening. 

The woman was in deranged thought before walking up to her bow. She grabbed it, raising it in front of her husband's face before continuing "My father gave me this bow as he lay dying." To that Jake lowered his eyes to the floor. History remembered. 

"He said  'protect The People'." Her voice broke, desperate eyes searching his. "You are Toruk Makto!" She almost sounded offended and it seemed that their father was. 

"This will protect The People!" he reasoned, letting the weight of being the clans legendary chief weigh down on him. "Quarritch has Spider, that kid knows everything! He knows our whole operation, he can lead him right in here." 

At'anau put her hand on Kiri's back as she noticed her sister demeanour change the more they listened. Her brother shared a glance which she returned with uncertainty. 

"If The people harbour us, they will die." Jake saw he had her almost on the same page of their book as he brought up how their loyal clan would protect both of them in any hostile situation. "Do you understand?" Neytiri was at a loss for words, conflicted and upset. 

Jake stepped back, dropping the sharpness in his voice as desperation replaced it again. "I got nothing," he confessed "I got no plan." His eyes trailed the floor as his brows furrowed and his tone hardened "but I can protect this family, that I can do." and he was convinced and confident he would succeed to do so if they would leave their clan, and move somewhere else, which deeply troubled Neytiri who hasn't known any better than her home. 

The woman exhaled with a choked up throat, fighting tears of anxiety as she put a hand on her head. Her face contorted as she caught the desperate look on her husband. His eyes softened watching her state and he put a hand on her shoulder, meeting her teary eyes and held her steady. "But I know one thing," he started "wherever we go," his voice soft, eyes deeply into hers speaking with his full and true honesty 

"this family is our fortress."  

Neytiri had succeeded in swallowing her tears before Jake pulled her in his embrace, her head on his shoulder and the moment she felt his arms tighten around her she cracked. Tears falling down on his shoulder in grief for the life they were forced to abandon. 

The kids outside of the tent hearing everything, able to write the whole story and what was about to come in reluctance. 

The whole family carried stones in their heart.

Tarsem is wise for his years. He will become a strong Olo'eyktan, but for that the leader must die so the leader can be born.

Toruk Makto will disappear.

The People will be safe.

On their Ikran, the former Omaticayans fled, leaving the mountains and soaring over the seas. The salty air replacing the fresh smell of nature in their lungs the further they flew.

Neteyam looked back at the trees getting smaller by the second with a heavy chest as he dreaded this being the last time they'd ever see it as their home. At'anau's ikran sensing the sombre energy from her rider looked up at her. With one look the girl explained everything, receiving empathy and love from her banshee who she leaned against, the girl kept her eyes on the waters below her and trusted her banshee to follow the father. She didn't spare a last glance to the forest she grew up in, fearing it'll all rain down to drown her at once.

Neytiri kept strong for her children, but had trouble doing so watching their eldest lose their identity within every second.

A father protects. It's what gives him meaning.

One life ends, another begins.

≪ °❈° ≫

the picture is bad but it gives you a visual, i'll try my best making better ones in the future tho  

goodday x