Chapter XXVIII

°•. ❃ .•°

̶̶̶̶  «̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ «̶ ̶̶̶      Challenge         ̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ »̶ ̶̶̶  

≪ °❈° ≫

At'anau was sure there had to be mountains in the sea high enough for the banshees to converge at. They had evaded enough of them in the stormy way towards Awa'atlu which were closer than the Three Brother's boulder beyond the reef they were strictly advises not to pass. 

On the skimwing the girl flew high looking for ikrans in the sky to potentially follow, but the animals in the air were unidentifiable, frustrating the girl as time passed. 

The Tsurak suddenly cried high in the sky, the shrilling sound carried by the waves up high and At'anau looked at the animal startled, but it ignored her and continued calling out for the skies above. It wasn't in a need or discomfort as At'anau would've been able to point it out through their bond, yet it kept wailing continuously.

The pair broke through high waves further away from land and deeper in the open sea in search of the familiar creatures. 

Almost desperately the animal kept howling until an answer came through, it repeated once and again faintly from a far distance, yet the sound of it was music to the girls ears. 

She frantically looked around searching for the source of the noise she recognised immediately and squinted her eyes at the sight of a figure above the horizon mounting closer towards the two, and withing a second it became a distinct silhouette. 

Her heart beat fast in anticipation as various scenario's filtered through her head which turned into recognition once the animal in the sky roared at the sun once more, echo locating itself. 

 At'anau realised what the animal in the water had been doing with the power of their related ancestors and could help but laugh, grateful and astonished for the animal who sensed this the only way it could fulfil its rider's needs, despite the sadness it felt not being worthy enough on her own.

Faster than she had every seen the creature mount before it sped toward the girl on the Tsurak, and voiced her happiness in seeing the girl with their signature shrilling cry.  

At'anau held on to the animal in the water as she watched the yellow coloured belly and underwings of her soul sister soar above her head and turn around, signalling them to follow her. 

The Tsurak called out for the Ikran once more before falling in sync with it's speed and quickly, At'anau steadied herself as the skimwing raised it's body above the water, opening it's wings and hovering over the waves. 

The girl bit on her lip in focus until it started hurting as the banshee lowered itself closer to the creature who held her rider. 

At'anau kept her balance as she watched the mountain banshee hover above the surface next to the wings of the big fish and called out to the girl. 

Reminiscing the recklessness both of them used to have At'anau looked down at the water beneath them and the distance she'd have to jump. The wind blew in her hair and the direction their were both going came closer to two immuring boulders she hadn't seen before. the space of the crevice getting smaller for the both of them to enter through. 

The girl quickly motivated the skimwing to fly higher, but with its heavy body and delicate wings it could only do so much. The girl bit down on her teeth, knowing the rocky unknown contents of the water's below could harm her if falling down. 

Trusting the capacity of her body and both animals around she waited for the highest point the tsurak went and pushed herself off, dropping her body down in the air to be caught by the banshee who dipped down and let the girl attach herself on the gear it wore before sliding between the rocks that closed in.