Chapter: XXXXXXI

°•. ❃ .•°
̶̶̶̶  «̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ «̶ ̶̶̶  Home is where the Heart is   ̶ ̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ »̶ ̶̶̶  

≪ °❈° ≫

Using all strength in her thighs she crawled up on the steeply slanted ship and grabbed the axe her father had been forced to drop.

Twisting the weapon in her hands her eyes squinted and she regulated her breathing. She was quiet, waiting for a sound to reveal where her father was.

Machines had moved from one side of the ship to the other and the girl could only crawl over them, use them as a path towards her parent.

Squinting her eyes in the dark the girl watched movement on an elevated piece of the ship and the girl jumped into action. She had no arrows and therefore had to make it to their level.

Getting the ma from behind should be enough with the weapon in her hands, so that's the plan she went for.

In the dark, she was camouflaged, but with the fire, it turned out to be more difficult than she hoped for.

On the bridge, the man fought and the girl used the walls to crawl back up, like she did before.

Almost looking over her shoulder she expected Neteyam to be on her tail but was only met with the lit-up waters behind her.

Swallowing the brick down her throat, she discarded the thought and continued her road up.

Lifting her body on the metal piece of the bridge the girl had to almost walk the walls to make it behind Quaritch.

At'anau didn't want to admit it, but her father didn't seem to have the upper hand.

He did get a few hits in, but it didn't make At'anau's step towards the man whose back was turned towards her slow down.

Jake continued walking backward as the marine kept swinging the blade in the air, attempting to cut the man.

The man dropped to his knees and within the fraction of a second Quaritch took this as his time as struck the blade down, aimed for the side of the man's neck. Before it plunged down through his skin the object was blocked and the marine looked through a pair of eyes many years younger.

With the axe in her hands, the girl twisted it, throwing the blade on the floor and swung the object passed his clothed stomach, missing by a hair as he jumped back.

Jake's blood ran cold at the sight and was unable to speak a word as he scrambled up and ran towards the daughter.

Quaritch had no status on the girl who fought in front of him other than damaging her would affect the man he wanted to burn down.

A wicked smile planted on his face before the girl's feet struck down. Dropped to a knee the man's eyes widened for a second, caught off guard, but not entirely.

From over her shoulder, he watched the father run to the two as the girl lifted her weapon, aiming to strike a lethal strike, but before she was able to strike the weapon down, the man duck his body under the teen's legs and lifted her, throwing her off the railing into the violent waters rumbling inside the ship.

At'anau's air stuck in her throat she twirled in the air, catching a glimpse of the father reaching down for her in vain before she crashed in the turbulent current.