Chapter XXIX

°•. ❃ .•°

̶̶̶̶  «̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ «̶ ̶̶̶         In the Other Water's        ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ »̶ ̶̶̶  

≪ °❈° ≫

The kids sat on the back of the mountain banshee who was eager to send both of them through the air as it stood at the mouth of the cave.

At'anau extended the reins in her hands and looked over her shoulder at the position of the boy's feet. "okay," she adjusted in her seat, not having carried a full grown second passenger on the creature before, but confident in both her and the animal it would be just fine. At'anau called out for Ao'nung to hold on tight and the boy put a hand on the girl's shoulder to which she rolled her eyes.

Ao'nung didn't want to confess that blood rushed to his head when the girl shrugged of his hand and grabbed it, he wanted to pull back not intending to wrap his arms around the forest girl's waist, but instead she placed in on the reins she had extended at the front of the saddle.

She eyed the boy whose face was close to against her shoulder and raised an eyebrow before shaking her head, muttering something under her breath.

She didn't ask if he was ready for the ride and let him suit himself when she called out for the Ikran and it lunged for the sky.

Ao'nung had never felt the amount of resistance the air gave at that moment and almost lost his grip on the handle. The two looked right in the face of the sun as they made a beeline to it and closed their eyes.

The blue sea became the sky as the ikran turned on its back and the girl laughed noticing the boys appalled face. Ao'nung watched the girl almost predict the routine the ikran was going to make and her arms around the bindings seemed almost relaxed, an accessory to the reins that adjusted his hands as they would lose their firm grip.

The ikran continued to let both of them drop backwards, the harsh wind making At'anau close her eyes as she forgot to bring her windbreakers, but the boy whose chest was against her back didn't dare to blink, ready to let go of the reins to leap in the water as the banshee would drop them if the girl wouldn't have noticed and held onto him quickly as the ikran dove down to the surface before picking up after nearly breaking its surface.

She once again laughed in his face as the boy who held onto the reins with one hand and the rider with the other had lost colour in his face. At'anau scanned the bruise one of her siblings had given him and restrained from asking if he was okay, regretting to not have pushed him off the ikran herself that second when she remembered. 

Ao'nung ignored every time she would turn her face and check up on him, feeling like a child when it should be the other way around. He couldn't help but wonder when the time would come the clan would allow him to fulfil his dreamhunt.

He wondered if riding the skimwing would be much similar to the Ikran as they do have related ancestors.

The two animals have not been seen working together or showing a liking yet they share comparable traits in a different environment. Just like the two kids had been experiencing with each other since her department.

At'anau tapped the side of his leg, signing for him to move against the curve in order to attain balance and he complied perfectly, deciding he might learn something that can futuristically be used in his favour.

The ikran turned around the boulder they had been situated at, and flew to its top, landing softly as the rider commanded and jumped off the animal.

"let's take a five," she called out turning to the boy who had followed her actions "until you're less," she pointed at the boy's state "about to faint." she wiped her sweaty hands off on herself and went to check up on the Ikran who was waiting patiently.