Chapter X

°•. ❃ .•°
̶̶̶̶  «̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ «̶ ̶̶̶     Rebirth    ̶ ̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ »̶ ̶̶̶  

≪ °❈° ≫

The oldest girl had listened, understood and was trying to prepare herself to put in the effort of biting on her teeth a little longer, knowing and trusting her father he'd make everything end up being okay again. 

The trip toward Metkayina was not one of the simplest. Storms on the seas and strong winds picking them up from the belly of the Ikrans with salt water flying in their eyes made it all an exhausting trip.

The skies cleared up when the sun guarded them and the waters kept their calm its crystal clear state allowing viewers from above to look straight through it at its containing animals.

Big marine mammals to little fish swam up, jumping in the sky almost to greet them and At'anau could almost think it was pretty.

The sea clans inhabit a world to themselves. Thousands of island. An unknown territory to which the family could vanish without a trace.

This was suppose to feed hope to the family, but truthfully none of the children knew how they felt.

In front of them was a barrier out of massive rocks, splitting the wilder waters with the shore. It's colour dividing them both for the outsiders from above to see. The ikrans flew over the big rocks where people were harvesting their crops. The calls from under them making the children look around and see the natives watching them closely and notifying everyone.

Big trees that looked like their own former Hometree closely on the shore with its roots growing out of the ground made At'anau realise they had made it to their destination and were preparing for landing.

The sound of a conch filled the island as the family arrived closer to land and they followed it as it guided them to the spot they were allowed to land on.

They flew over the shore, watching everyone scan what they were doing and landed on the long piece of shore reaching out in the see which had enough space for all mountain banshees.

Once they landed the kids stepped off. At'anau rested next to her Ikran for a little while longer before detaching her queue, reassuring the animal immediately as it looked around in distrust.

When the girl calmed her down she noticed her older brother next to her who watched his father's posture attentively.

They both looked around at the people starting to surround them and decided to follow their parents.

At'anau watched Lo'ak to confirm he was following and kept her hands to the side of her body steadily as her brother and father in front of her held hem slightly up in the air, displaying a sign of alliance.

More people surrounded them and the girl noticed they had a different tone of skin, almost the same as the water they had been flying over for the past day and night. The aquamarine contrasted harshly with their deeper colour and At'anau was intrigued for a moment.

None of them showed a welcoming face and neither of the kids felt like they were. The more she looked around the more At'anau despised being there. She found it hard putting on a nice face after the exhausting unwilling trip they were forced to make, and Kiri visibly didn't disagree on that.

Standing next to her brothers she watched two Metkayina people not too far from their ages be the first ones to walk closer to them. At'anau had almost forgotten to greet the clan members politely but did once she caught her siblings doing so next to her.