Chapter XXX

°•. ❃ .•°

̶̶̶̶  «̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ «̶ ̶̶̶        Scapegoat        ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ »̶ ̶̶̶  

≪ °❈° ≫

At'anau was restricted in calling out for the Tsurak to escort her back to the island and wondered how she'd make it back, knowing she had left the ilu back at the island and it wouldn't be wandering outside the reef. 

After moments of the kids waiting on the second water creature Ao'nung assigned his ilu to retrieve back to his home and come back with its sibling. The girl recognised how Ao'nung stayed with her instead of leaving and sending the ilu for her to manage by herself, but didn't question it. 

Ao'nung often looked behind him at the place had left the boy's sister as a game and wondered how he hadn't caught him on his way back to the shore. 

When both the kids arrived back at the land Ao'nung caught his sister talk to the oldest twin and noticed how the side of Tsireya Lo'ak who was usually be glued on to was empty. 

At'anau watched the people work around the island with other family members in preparation for dinner and was glad she had made it back in time. She looked back at the border they had crossed and could hear the strong winds from behind them rumbling the wild waves around. 

The girl ignored the look of the boy beside her who seemed in need to confess something, but dismissed it, finding it a strange sight and rather ignored it. 

The two kids passed their siblings on their way to the armoury and put the gear on its place, the girl startled by her older brother entering the shed with the younger girl behind him. 

"At'i," he seemed fraught as he eyed the boy she stood beside warily. It looked like he had a different question on the tip of his tongue at the sight of the two of them but shook his head seemingly in a rush. "Where's Lo'ak?" 

The girl looked at Neteyam before watching the girl behind him who would be the one to have asked as none of them had even noticed their youngest son's absent. 

"Haven't seen him." she shrugged, looking at the boy behind her before noting the distress on her oldest brother and sighed. 

"I'll go look." she tapped the side of the boy's arm in reassurance as she sped off on foot.

"I'll come with you."

The girl halted and looked behind her, watching Tsireya catch up with her as they searched the most common places they often hung out at. 

With that both boys were left alone in the armoury, with one having the knowledge that the other was the last one to have seen the youngest. 

"so, where were you?" 

The girl walked through the island with the girl without success in finding her youngest brother and started growing worried as the sky turned darker. 

"He wouldn't have gone beyond the reef, would he?" Tsireya asked as they both watched the tides become wilder. The older girl looked at the curly girl before shrugging her shoulders "Did you?"

She shook her head at the older girl and At'anau sighed again. "It's Lo'ak," she recalled the kid's demeanour he had when they were back at home "he's won't be far off on his own." 

At'anau assured the girl her brother didn't take on dangerous things on his own and as he didn't have other friends beside his siblings and the girl looking for him with At'anau, she wasn't worried.