Chapter XXXVI

°•. ❃ .•°

̶̶̶̶  «̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ «̶ ̶̶̶        Lost        ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ »̶ ̶̶̶  

≪ °❈° ≫

Jake and Neytiri had never seen their oldest son as troubled as he was running around the island at that moment. Neteyam collecting people of the island himself to go search for his sister which's presence had disappeared, in his senses as on the island.

The feeling in his gut was strange and unusual and something he needed to restore immediately. Following in his panic after being enlightened on Neteyam's state the parents gave in, going after his son and summoning the chief and Tsahik, wasting no time by explaining how the twins communicated and commencing the search party at once.

The land's horns rung in the air and quickly the warriors flew the dangerous sea's on their ride.  

Ao'nung's arms ached and burned, he was out of breathe as he continued blowing air in the girl's lungs to get her heart pumping. 

He lost count of the amount of sets he did once the girl's body convulsed under his hands. Water brewed up her throat before she spit it out. Hastily Ao'nung put the girl on her side, her back against him as he held her shoulder while her body rejected all the water it contained and she gasped for air on her own in between. 

Added sobs hid behind her breathes as she grunted, clutching her aching body under the boy's vision before she moved out of his hands. 

Ao'nung held out his hands above the girl's cold skin for assurance as previous events returned in her head. He watched the girl search her surroundings before her eyes landed on the boy close to her, he was freezing like she was, but less startled as he searched her eyes for any signs of further trouble. 

Her free hand went to the back of her head before she flinched and retrieved it to look at to see blood. 

"At'anau," Ao'nung averted her attention from her blood to him as he covered her coated hand with his and searched for her in the eyes in front of him before he nodded once "you're okay," he tried reassuring them both. 

The girl stilled, needing a moment to grasp what he was saying but running warm by the sound of the boy's voice speaking her name for the first time.

"you're okay."

Ao'nung was taken back by the girl's vulnerability, and followed his need to change the demeanour. Shaking by himself as his hands trembled with adrenaline he deleted the thought of having lost the girl to the waters he grew up in, who yet needed to forgive him for the mistakes he made, with this added to the list.

The storm hadn't calmed down around them and it rained down them as they sat in silence for an amount of time, the boy thinking of how they would be returning to land while the girl regained consciousness. 

As time passed the parents noticed their oldest son restoring to his own demeanour with the returning colour going back in his face as he waited for his sister to return to the shore in the rain safely. 

The blaring sound carried through the air again, signalling the kids have been found and on their way back to the island. 

The turbulence on the animal made At'anau's headache double and she grew tired, closing her eyes for just a second as she let her head hang low. 

Ao'nung noticed the girl behind him slipping away and tightened her arms around his waist so she kept put. The girl would be boiling in undefined emotions if it wasn't for her consciousness switching in and out of reality every second.