Chapter XXXXIV

°•. ❃ .•°

̶̶̶̶  «̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ «̶ ̶̶̶    The next Page         ̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ »̶ ̶̶̶  

≪ °❈° ≫

They made their way towards their tent, none of the children sleeping and Lo'ak even absent.

Neteyam had been waiting on his sister and turned to the opening of the tent expectantly as he heard the footsteps coming closer.

Jake entered the tent and the mother along with the other siblings awaited for the girl to walk from behind the father but they stayed looking at the darker sea as the cooled breeze entered their home.

Jake claimed the girl had gone to take a walk and to give her some time, but Neteyam could read the look his father had thrown him and stood up quickly. Going after his sister followed by Tuk who seemed to not be tired yet and wanting to see her sister.

It didn't take long for the girl to be found by the two as she sat on the sand of the beach.

"I see her!" Tuk exclaimed releasing her brother's hand as she recognised the silhouette sitting on the colder sand of the shore.

"At'i!"

The braids of the girl flew from one shoulder to the other as she whipped her head around and watched the youngest sister run towards her.

With the yellow light behind her the girl opened an arm for the smallest one to jump into before she engulfed her sister, the small laugh carried by the wind the oldest seemed to have missed more than she'd like to confess.

The girl buried her anxiety in the sand beneath her for a minute as the small sister searched her eyes "are you okay?" she asked to which she had to swallow.

"well if I weren't, now I am ." she smiled at the girl who copied her.

Neteyam joined the two girl's soon enough, Tuk walking off and collecting different kinds of stones she found, wearing off the energy she still had from throughout the day.

The girl had occupied her by telling if she could throw a certain type of rocks right they would ricochet and skip, so Tuk kept herself busy doing just that.

When her attention wasn't on the smallest one telling her sister to watch her Neteyam noticed her smile would fade, thoughts travel to something else that worried her awake.

"I can't read your mind, you know."

She looked at the boy from the corner of her eye and sighed. Watching Tuk for another second before sighing, wiping her face with both hands and leaning her head back.

Looking up at the stars she sighed again before reminiscing the new assignment she was written to succeed.

Neteyam wanted to ask if this wasn't what she wanted to all this time, but thought it be a dumb question as his sister was visibly troubled by it.

So he decided to force some optimism down her throat "You'll do great, sister" he nudged her should "your turn to be the mighty warrior." to which she let out an airy laugh.

But At'anau wasn't sure this is what she wanted. She rode the Skimwing to gain the attention of the clan and show her potential in order to prove herself.

Fulfilling the hunt the children needed to succeed to be seen as an adult in the clan felt too much like a permanent decision within their temporary move.